Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Legend in my eyes, may not be the best or the most accomplished player to ever play for us but he always gave it everything and been responsible for a few magic moments. Feel a bit like there's too much emphasis on footballers being perfectly rounded these days which diminishes the charm of appreciating players who aren't flawless.

On 29/06/2024 at 22:39, Nine said:

Possibly our most under appreciated player ever.. the definition of a player making a system greater than the sum of its parts

Getting more stick than Perez did when he left.

I find both cases bizarrely similar. Two players who gave their all for the club, torn apart on 'social' media.

At the start and even halfway through last season I really wanted him to stay on and terrorise tired defences after he came on to replace the shiny new RW we bought.  I felt would be a perfect squad player. Then he had his injury and he didn't seem the same player.

It's the right time to move him (and a couple of others) on.  I've supported Newcastle since I started following football in the 1992/93 season. Thinking back on all of those players in that time, I'd put him in my Legends of Newcastle squad, hell he might even start. Not because of his ability but because I love his energy, enthusiasm and general Miggyness.

David Kelly was a very limited footballer and it was probably fairplay to move him on when Beardsley/Cole were replacing he and Peacock - but he worked his backside off for the club and gave us plenty of moments and goals. Miggy deserves similar respect really not sniped at like he was Owen.

Edited by Jonas

That Ben Jacobs always reminds me of Ryan from Pitch Meeting when his tweets are posted. He should post in that style IMO.

"So, you have a transfer for me?"

"Yes sir, I do. It's called Miguel Almiron to Saudi Arabia."

"Wow, it's gonna be hard for Newcastle to get good money for him at his age."

"Actually it's gonna be super easy, barely an inconvenience."

:lol: I swear theres about 3 or 4 journos who absolutely love shooting down rumours. Arab News is owned by a brother of MBS, so it would be strange for them to come out with that if there isn't some truth in it. 

10 minutes ago, Shak said:

That Ben Jacobs always reminds me of Ryan from Pitch Meeting when his tweets are posted. He should post in that style IMO.

Oh wow wow wow.. .....     wow!

26 minutes ago, Shak said:

"Getting good money for minimal end product is TIGHT!!"

17 minutes ago, midds said:

"Getting good money for minimal end product is TIGHT!!"

"Listen sir I'm gonna need you to get all the way off my back about the lack of end product."

"Why?"

"So the transfer can happen."

"That works!"