Chris Riggott?

Guest Darth Toon

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

What?! Never thought about him being better than average or maybe only quite average. I think we should spend some cash on a really good defender or two, so we dont end up in a new Moore, Bramble, Ramage.....

Guest nufcandy

why would anyone want him?

he cant make it at boro so why bring him here to make stupid mistakes?! weve already got enough in the side that do that

he cant make it at boro so why bring him here to make stupid mistakes?! weve already got enough in the side that do that

Why can't he make it at Boro though? he's been injured lately and for the past few seasons has been consistent week in and week out.

Woodgate and Huth are southgate signings, therefore he will be more inclined to play them.

Guest smoggeordie

I think he's a decent defender, but no improvement on Taylor or Ramage. If we're buying centre backs we should be going for pure quality, as we have plenty of "squad defenders"

I think he's a decent defender, but no improvement on Taylor or Ramage. If we're buying centre backs we should be going for pure quality, as we have plenty of "squad defenders"

wouldnt go that far, we havnt got plenty ov anything, i know what you mean though

Riggott's underrated and has been something of a fans' favourite at Boro for the last couple of seasons. He's been injured recently but has always been fairly consistent in the Boro side. But he'd be nothing more than a stopgap... £4m on a stopgap? I'd rather we went for someone with a little more quality tbh. He's consistent and professional, but i can't really see him improving our defense. :?

£5m and they chuck it Viduka :thup:

I like that, though.

good, solid defender imo, nothing flash, but solid.

i wouldnt be opposed to us signing him.

i reckon we could get wes orange for that kind of money though and I owuld rtaher we got him

I like wotsit a lot but he is another injury nightmare.

Cant see why we would want to shell out £4m on Riggott and yet not be interested in paying about the same for Upson and half of the price for Distin who are both better IMO.

Just more made up paper talk.

I don't think Upson is better and he is injury prone, City look like they are going to gamble on Distin.

Cant see why we would want to shell out £4m on Riggott and yet not be interested in paying about the same for Upson and half of the price for Distin who are both better IMO.

Just more made up paper talk.

I don't think Upson is better and he is injury prone, City look like they are going to gamble on Distin.

The smoggies I know all really rate Riggott. He had a cracking season last year.