Inter-Toto

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Guest MalcolmSm1th

I think it's correct to say that this tournament/trophy this year is a little vague.  The last I looked, after the Lillestroem game, was that there were a number of teams going into the UEFA tournament and the last man standing (as it were) would win the trophy.

So, what's the score and who's left?

I think it's correct to say that this tournament/trophy this year is a little vague.  The last I looked, after the Lillestroem game, was that there were a number of teams going into the UEFA tournament and the last man standing (as it were) would win the trophy.

So, what's the score and who's left?

Newcastle, OB Odense and Auxerre is left.

If Osasuna gets one point in Parma, OB are finished. If Auxerre lose at home to Livorno, Auxerre is finished as well, and Newcastle will have the trophy.

Don't think we won anything did we? The Intertoto has changed in format to what it used to be in like 2001 when we had to win about 4 games, then would have got a trophy.

Its just a pre-qualifying round now, shouldn't even be called a cup.

"There is not yet an official UEFA Intertoto Cup Winner 2006. The best performing team(s) of those 11 will be named UIC Winner 2006 and will receive the usual UEFA Intertoto Cup trophy. At the moment, there are only 4 teams left in the group stage of the UEFA Cup. These are, Odense BK from Denmark, France's AJ Auxerre, the English team Newcastle United FC and Grasshopper-Club Zürich from Switzerland."

http://www.intertoto-cup.org/pastwinners.html

Lads.  We've done it.  We've won a trophy!  Is it wrong that this actually makes me quite happy? :$