Should Watford's goal have been allowed?

Rob

What annoyed me before their goal was Young placing the ball out of the corner "D" and when we shouted (booed) the ref and linesman didnt even check. I'm not sure but didnt Young have the ball outside of the "D" for their goal?

What was clear for me is that Baba doesnt know what hes doing when defending corners, a left back should either  be on the post or else shadowing an attacker, more often than not on the post though, Baba was wandering around like a lost sheep.

why should a left back be on the post?it's a stupid idea that a player should do that just cos of the position he is playing..for example if the left back if 6'2 and great in the air,why stick him on the post?...in babayaros case it was to guard a particular area.

this works both ways,we have been stupid enough when ramage or taylor were at full back to keep them on the half way line when we had corners instead of bringing others out and letting those go up,just because they were playing full back.

What was clear for me is that Baba doesnt know what hes doing when defending corners, a left back should either  be on the post or else shadowing an attacker, more often than not on the post though, Baba was wandering around like a lost sheep.

why should a left back be on the post?it's a stupid idea that a player should do that just cos of the position he is playing..for example if the left back if 6'2 and great in the air,why stick him on the post?...in babayaros case it was to guard a particular area.

this works both ways,we have been stupid enough when ramage or taylor were at full back to keep them on the half way line when we had corners instead of bringing others out and letting those go up,just because they were playing full back.

Spotted this as well... leaving Ramage back when there's the likes of Milner/Emre, Dyer and Butt forwards.

Do you think this could have been a plan by Watford? Young places the ball a few millimetres outside of the "D" and the crowd become incensed. Then the ref is attracted to this and does not watch the penalty area, Bouazza then begins to push Given into the net and generally jostle.

Do you think this could have been a plan by Watford? Young places the ball a few millimetres outside of the "D" and the crowd become incensed. Then the ref is attracted to this and does not watch the penalty area, Bouazza then begins to push Given into the net and generally jostle.

If Given had pushed back i have no doubt that twat would of gone to ground trying to claim a pen

:lol: The strange thing is, I get the feeling that your not actually joking.

Did anyone else think it was a foul on Given? ... and why didn't we deploy a defender to protect given in the first place?

Pearson needs to look at how we defend corners and crosses, I think we are very weak in that area.

Understatement of the year so far. Everytime a team crosses it in there i fully expect them to score.

Guest nufcandy

Did anyone else think it was a foul on Given? ... and why didn't we deploy a defender to protect given in the first place?

Pearson needs to look at how we defend corners and crosses, I think we are very weak in that area.

Understatement of the year so far. Everytime a team crosses it in there i fully expect them to score.

its Given, good shot stopper, shame hes nailed to his line!

If you notice before and after it the goal was Babayaro marking Bouazza, he just decided he wasn't gonna bother marking him on that particular corner.

The problem in general with corners is that Given doesn't ever come for anything and we are far too small.

Spotted this as well... leaving Ramage back when there's the likes of Milner/Emre, Dyer and Butt forwards.

Ramage stayed back to help Huntingdon in case of a counter attack, which was sensible given the 19 year old was playing in his second game.  MIlner/Emre were involved taking corners and Butt has the strength but not the pace and Dyer is an attacking midfielder

oh and forgot to mention it was a foul on Given.  Shearer used to get punished for backing into centre halves with less vigour than the Watford bloke went into Given.

Watford under the guise of competing we're allowed to push and pull all game, everytime Emre laid the ball off he was challanged afterwards not to mention the bad tackle that forced him off