Teams that can’t finish above us (2023/24)

Sima

And, the teams that spent in the summer had the benefit of those players all year.

We had those players for half a season, even ignoring that Trippier promptly broke his foot.

I do agree with Lenny's point about the mentality effect of adding new players to the rest of the squad, though.

But on the other hand, there's a reason that lot seemed so demotivated beforehand - turning that around in the space of a few months is pretty damn remarkable and it takes more than just money and new faces to do that.

Edited by Abacus

Feels really good finishing above Palace and Villa like. Palace because, while he has done a good job, Viera seems to have been extremely hyped all season and Villa because of Gerrard and them picking up a couple of players that the media thought we'd be interested in, but I doubt Howe actually wanted.

• 10 months later...
55 minutes ago, 54 said:

We have 11 games left, and the the team sat bottom can only catch us on goal difference, this feels surreal after the last 15 years :lol: 

Has it happened says we can avoid relegation after our game against West Ham. It doesn’t say what we need, but it says Spurs could do the same tomorrow, so I’m assuming we need need a win. 

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Mathematically safe now I believe.

Nah, need 2 more point. 54 is the highest those on 27 can get. Won’t happen but you know… safe, but not mathematically…. Just yet :-)

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Mathematically safe now I believe.

Yeap, as Everton and Bournemouth play each other, and they're both on 27 points having played 29 each, so while one of them can mathematically catch us, both of them can't.