The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Why do people not like panenkas? :lol:

It’s a needless risk most of the time. Managers must hate them.

I'd say a higher proportion of panenka's go in than normal penalties

Possibly, but that’s probably down to volume. If the panenka were the standard the conversion rate would be atrocious. :lol:

Very true

The fuss being made over Rodriguez, but none of these commentators or their favourite managers would play him. It's so annoying.

Carlo has set the team up to accommodate him nicely, as he's not the best athlete and doesn't run around a lot, and kudos to him for having the sense and mind to do that.

All these lot would bench him for being lazy, and wouldn't find the right system, but to listen to them fuss over all the things he does well though. So weird and bizarre.

Bruce wouldn’t know what to do with James, so he’d have him on the bench.

As a rule of thumb they usually add about 30 seconds for a goal

Don't they have allowances for substitutions? You'd think they'd have the same for goals.

Subs are a ~minute. Goals are nothing if there aren't long celebrations. Otherwise there would be 5-6 mins added time each game with lots of goals.

When are there ever 10 or 12 goals in a game :lol:

The general rule of thumb is 30secs for goals and subs

The subs thing isn't a general rule of thumb though, it's a rule. A rule that we are aware of. I'm sure we'd know if there was a rule regarding goals.

Law 7.

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:

substitutions

assessment and/or removal of injured players

wasting time

disciplinary sanctions

medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)

delays relating to VAR 'checks' and 'reviews;

any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

So not goals.

Any other cause, PGMOL have said standard PL practice is 30 seconds per goal.

OK. But the example given is goal celebration. So it definitely doesn't stipulate goals. I haven't got a clue who PGMOL are, tbh.

I get substitutions and goal celebrations as they are deliberate tactics to run the clock down. but you don't score a goal to run the clock down.

Look them up - it’s not hard. I’d recommend Google.

To quote them - and they run/ manage the referees “they do add time. It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”

I think you should quote the whole answer:

"Is the clock stopped for goals?

No, it's not. But they do add time (to cover celebrations). It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit."

So no, goals do not automatically mean added time. There might be no celebrations at all.

Implied, not said.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Mad to think if there were fans in the ground, a large majority would have left before that penalty was given as there would be no way of them knowing it was being reviewed.

Mad to think if there were fans in the ground, a large majority would have left before that penalty was given as there would be no way of them knowing it was being reviewed.

Well that’s wrong on so many levels

If your an actual fan who stays till the end of the game there’s no way you would have left there

You would be expecting some sort of review based upon the players reaction

So if you walked out there you either know nothing about football or are just trying to catch the bus and don’t really give a fuck about the result

5 at the back. 23% possesion. Haven't had a kick since I turned it on. Somehow winning with opponents missing glaring chances.

Feels a bit familiar, this.

Look far more convincing when they look to counter though, and they're not all sat on top of each other when defending.

I think they'll have a chance this season, they've had some tough opening fixtures.

Won't be surprised at all if they beat us. Think they look better organised.

As a rule of thumb they usually add about 30 seconds for a goal

Don't they have allowances for substitutions? You'd think they'd have the same for goals.

Subs are a ~minute. Goals are nothing if there aren't long celebrations. Otherwise there would be 5-6 mins added time each game with lots of goals.

When are there ever 10 or 12 goals in a game :lol:

The general rule of thumb is 30secs for goals and subs

The subs thing isn't a general rule of thumb though, it's a rule. A rule that we are aware of. I'm sure we'd know if there was a rule regarding goals.

Law 7.

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:

substitutions

assessment and/or removal of injured players

wasting time

disciplinary sanctions

medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)

delays relating to VAR 'checks' and 'reviews;

any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

So not goals.

Any other cause, PGMOL have said standard PL practice is 30 seconds per goal.

OK. But the example given is goal celebration. So it definitely doesn't stipulate goals. I haven't got a clue who PGMOL are, tbh.

I get substitutions and goal celebrations as they are deliberate tactics to run the clock down. but you don't score a goal to run the clock down.

Look them up - it’s not hard. I’d recommend Google.

To quote them - and they run/ manage the referees “they do add time. It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”

I think you should quote the whole answer:

"Is the clock stopped for goals?

No, it's not. But they do add time (to cover celebrations). It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit."

So no, goals do not automatically mean added time. There might be no celebrations at all.

Implied, not said.

Put the glue down and step away.

Werner’s struggling, making a lot of wrong decisions and losing the ball.

This is the post of someone who has a bet on him or has him as their fantasy captain. Am I right?

Nah, I don’t play fantasy football these days. Just think chelsea have a lot of new young forrins, looks a risk right now.