The other games today 2019/20

Greg

You can’t give a penalty after the final whistle has been blown, don’t simply can’t.

It was always going to be Man Utd who got that decision.

Exactlty.

Another canny game this one and Townsend, wish I had his hair :lol:

Well, you can.

Don't understand the confusion :lol:

The foul occurred during the game and was then reviewed, of course it can be given :lol:

As a rule of thumb they usually add about 30 seconds for a goal

Don't they have allowances for substitutions? You'd think they'd have the same for goals.

Subs are a ~minute. Goals are nothing if there aren't long celebrations. Otherwise there would be 5-6 mins added time each game with lots of goals.

When are there ever 10 or 12 goals in a game :lol:

The general rule of thumb is 30secs for goals and subs

The subs thing isn't a general rule of thumb though, it's a rule. A rule that we are aware of. I'm sure we'd know if there was a rule regarding goals.

Law 7.

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:

substitutions

assessment and/or removal of injured players

wasting time

disciplinary sanctions

medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)

delays relating to VAR 'checks' and 'reviews;

any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

So not goals.

Any other cause, PGMOL have said standard PL practice is 30 seconds per goal.

OK. But the example given is goal celebration. So it definitely doesn't stipulate goals. I haven't got a clue who PGMOL are, tbh.

I get substitutions and goal celebrations as they are deliberate tactics to run the clock down. but you don't score a goal to run the clock down.

Not fucking having it at all. A final whistle is the end of the game. It’s a bigger farce then when the woman’s team where allowed to take retake a penalty and play the added time over again a few years back.

If the final whistle is the next break in play then of course anything from the previous bit of play can be reviewed

Not fucking having it at all. A final whistle is the end of the game. It’s a bigger farce then when the woman’s team where allowed to take retake a penalty and play the added time over again a few years back.

You get so wound up about things, but you're wrong :lol:

If that was Newcastle you'd be complaining the other way. My goodness :lol:

If the final whistle is the next break in play then of course anything from the previous bit of play can be reviewed

Final whistle should be that, end of play. What next, we see that equaliser someone scored is disallowed 10 minutes after the match has ended?

The final whistle should be just that, the referee indicating that the match is over, all reviews etc are over etc.

As I say, it was always going to be that pack of bastard who got that decision.

The Premier League are being slated for being corrupt, they are hardly fucking helping themselves.

You get so wound up about things, but you're wrong :lol:

If that was Newcastle you'd be complaining the other way. My goodness :lol:

If that was Newcastle of course I’d be fuming, because we would be getting called back to lose the game, no fucking way we would get called back to win it.

What's stopping players from aiming for hands/ arms in the penalty box now?

When teams play against sides that just pack the box, like we'll be doing against Spurs this Sunday, they'll definitely be aiming for their arms :lol:

Don't they have allowances for substitutions? You'd think they'd have the same for goals.

Subs are a ~minute. Goals are nothing if there aren't long celebrations. Otherwise there would be 5-6 mins added time each game with lots of goals.

The subs thing isn't a general rule of thumb though, it's a rule. A rule that we are aware of. I'm sure we'd know if there was a rule regarding goals.

Law 7.

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:

substitutions

wasting time

disciplinary sanctions

medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)

any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

So not goals.

OK. But the example given is goal celebration. So it definitely doesn't stipulate goals. I haven't got a clue who PGMOL are, tbh.

I get substitutions and goal celebrations as they are deliberate tactics to run the clock down. but you don't score a goal to run the clock down.

Look them up - it’s not hard. I’d recommend Google.

To quote them - and they run/ manage the referees “they do add time. It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”

Final whistle should be that, end of play. What next, we see that equaliser someone scored is disallowed 10 minutes after the match has ended?

The final whistle should be just that, the referee indicating that the match is over, all reviews etc are over etc.

The Premier League are being slated for being corrupt, they are hardly fucking helping themselves.

You're talking absolute nonsense.

An equaliser is reviewed immediately after it is scored

giveup.gif

Law 7.

Allowance for time lost

substitutions

wasting time

disciplinary sanctions

So not goals.

Look them up - it’s not hard. I’d recommend Google.

To quote them - and they run/ manage the referees “they do add time. It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”

I think you should quote the whole answer:

"Is the clock stopped for goals?

No, it's not. But they do add time (to cover celebrations). It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit."

So no, goals do not automatically mean added time. There might be no celebrations at all.

The handball rule and unnatural position is fucked up. How do you deem someone jumping to have their hands and arms in an unnatural position? Has anyone tried to jump with their arms down by their sides?

If the handball rule is going to be applied to pretty much ever handball then why don’t we just apply the same rule inside the box as outside the box and give an indirect freekick?

You could keep penalties for blatant deliberate handball decisions and those which directly prevent a goal from being scored.