The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Phil Jones needs to get himself a move away like. There’s a player in there, surely a West Ham or Burnley (not sure he’d go there with the Blackburn link mind) could save his career.

Maguire, Bailly, Rojo and Tuanzebe were all injured so we were forced to play him, but his confidence is completely shot. I agree he needs to leave for his own good.

Awful game for him to get a start in. :lol:

Phil Jones needs to get himself a move away like. There’s a player in there, surely a West Ham or Burnley (not sure he’d go there with the Blackburn link mind) could save his career.

‘A player in there’

In the same way there’s a player in joelinton

Jones has proved for years he can’t cut it

That means if anything he’s inconsistent and therefore not worth taking a punt on

‘A player in there’

That means if anything he’s inconsistent and therefore not worth taking a punt on

It means he's consistent if anything. On Jones, he was signed for a reason, whether he's lost what he had I don't know but it's certainly easier to defend for a Burnley, Villa, etc. than a top team

‘A player in there’

Joelinton will move on and be a decent player. Not CL quality but he’ll be good for a Europa League level club somewhere. Same way I think Jones for a mid-table club would do a job imo.

‘A player in there’

Joelinton will move on and be a decent player. Not CL quality but he’ll be good for a Europa League level club somewhere. Same way I think Jones for a mid-table club would do a job imo.

Joelinton obviously has potential but Jones surely is at Shola/ bramble levels of potential at 27

Kelechi is one of my favourite youth prospects ever, tbh. I would love it if he rejuvenated his career, I had given up on the boy a couple months ago.

Rodgers is bringing him back to form, which is fantastic to see. And so I think he's back on his way up now. Thank God.

Absolutely despise the way certain players just collapse as soon as any contact is made. Arm in the back, hand on the shoulder, faintest of shoulder on shoulder contact any every single time the player just throws himself to the ground and gets the free kick. It’s still a contact sport ffs. Grealish tonight has done it about 5 times but he’s not the only one. Any contact whatsoever and they just give in to gravity and the ref pays up each time. Piss-boiling and has been for a few years now.

Tbf to Grealish he gets kicked all over the shop most weeks.

He gets midfielders trying to tackle him yeah. He doesn’t get kicked all over the shop. No player gets has been kicked all over the shop for the last 20 years, the yellow for the tackle from behind all but cleared that out of the game ages ago.

He goes down under any contact. Some of them are legitimate fouls but a lot are really really soft tbh

Grealish is exceptionally good at winning FKs to alleviate pressure.

I’d agree 100% but “winning” basically means collapsing under any contact at all and falling over the ball and relying on the ref to give a foul. Contact doesn’t equal a foul. To be honest Grealish et al aren’t to blame, it’s the spineless refs that blow every single time it happens that are to blame. Just fucking play on. Minimal contact and you’ve fallen over and lost possession? Tough shit, play on and get up. You’ve not been fouled, the defender has made contact with your shoulder. It’s not a foul, get on with it. I’ve used Grealish as an example tonight but it happens every game.

Grealish is exceptionally good at winning FKs to alleviate pressure.

I’d agree 100% but “winning” basically means collapsing under any contact at all and falling over the ball and relying on the ref to give a foul. Contact doesn’t equal a foul. To be honest Grealish et al aren’t to blame, it’s the spineless refs that blow every single time it happens that are to blame. Just fucking play on. Minimal contact and you’ve fallen over and lost possession? Tough shit, play on and get up. You’ve not been fouled, the defender has made contact with your shoulder. It’s not a foul, get on with it. I’ve used Grealish as an example tonight but it happens every game.

Agree 100%. One of my pet hates. That and the type of challenge that saw Vardy get booked tonight when in reality the defender actually kicks him to make contact and Vardy’s not made contact at all.