The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest chopey

I thought it was a bit shit asking Pep about FFP and his extra payments after the game today.

I'm so sick of pep already. Phenomenal manager, but I root against him and his team everytime now.

That miss by Peyrerra early on today man ... was just so pathetic. Really unfortunate.

I'm so sick of pep already. Phenomenal manager, but I root against him and his team everytime now.

That miss by Peyrerra early on today man ... was just so pathetic. Really unfortunate.

Is he???

Hes been at 3 teams Barcelona,Bayern and Man city all 3 with the richest resources and best players in the division available at his disposal

Good managers are ones who get average players playing to another level. Hes a breed of new managers that has been very very fortunate at the teams hes managed

Id have more respect for the guy if hed done what hes done at say an Atletico Madrid or a Leverkusen or a Tottenham

Is he???

Hes been at 3 teams Barcelona,Bayern and Man city all 3 with the richest resources and best players in the division available at his disposal

Good managers are ones who get average players playing to another level. Hes a breed of new managers that has been very very fortunate at the teams hes managed

Id have more respect for the guy if hed done what hes done at say an Atletico Madrid or a Leverkusen or a Tottenham

Yes, he is. Man City had their riches before he came in but were nowhere near this impressive or dominant. They're probably the second best team I've seen, behind his Barca team around 2011

They had to win 14 games straight to ensure they won the league after we beat them. Regardless of the money spent, the mental strength and drive he has to instil to achieve that is incredible

Do you think Man City would have achieved 100 points and 98 points with anyone other than Pep?

It isn't about how many points though is it..you either win or you don't.

Liverpool got 97 points and finished second, they didn't get enough points, no one will care that they got 97 points in years to come, it wasnt enough and that's that.

Do you think Man City would have achieved 100 points and 98 points with anyone other than Pep?

Liverpool got 97 points and finished second, they didn't get enough points, no one will care that they got 97 points in years to come, it wasnt enough and that's that.

people will remember that they got 97 points its utterly ludicrous they got that many only lost 1 game and somehow didn't win the title

people will remember that they got 97 points its utterly ludicrous they got that many only lost 1 game and somehow didn't win the title

Wey, remember all you want, it didn't win them the league.

Ok then.

Do you think Man City would have won the league this season without Pep?

Is this to me?

Probably not, but i wasn't really disagreeing anyway.

My point is that how many points you win the league with doesn't matter, you win the league, you don't get anything extra for getting x amount of points.

Guardiola is great and one of the best working WITH great players and a big checkbook.

BUT out of the top managers I think Guardiola would struggle the most managing a bottom 5 team without a checkbook.

I think Klopp and Pochettino would all do better than Guardiola in the job of a bottom 5 club with limited money :thup:

I reckon Pep and Klopp (and their setups) could be blips, i.e., one-offs. The best example is probably Neymar, maybe Man U and Chelsea too, but you can't just buy twenty expensive players and let them get on with it. There are too many egos and agents' voices in ears for that. You have to unite them into staying hungry and playing for the team. Lesser managers would still do well with those squads, probably first and second, but 97+ points for both teams is testament to how well those managers are doing. We have never seen this level of consistency before. Note that none of the teams in third to sixth to could put a run together to seal a CL place at the business end of the season. They all have expensive squads too.

Love to Rafa for thwarting Man City twice this year. :smitten:

As for the Daniel Storey stat, Brighton's lineup is 37 million after spending "100m" on players.  :lol:

Guardiola is great and one of the best working WITH great players and a big checkbook.

BUT out of the top managers I think Guardiola would struggle the most managing a bottom 5 team without a checkbook.

I think Pochettino and to a lesser extent Emery would all do better than Guardiola in the job of a bottom 5 club with limited money :thup:

Agreed.

As for the Daniel Storey stat, Brighton's lineup is 37 million after spending "100m" on players.  :lol:

Aye not sure how :lol:

It seemed a lot of his big money signings were in and out the team a lot.

I know he pulled Izquierdo in and out alot and the impressive Bissouma was always pulled out the team and Locadia.

People say he got the best out of that squad I’m not so sure.

is Brendan Rodgers a phenomenal manager for managing a team in the country to an unprecedented double treble and an unbeaten season?. In all reality he was given the edge by managing the team that is streets ahead of the rest and the gulf between the likes of celtic and Motherwell,Hearts etc is the same as the gulf between city and the bottom half of the premier league

You're an idiot

How am i an idiot im just pointing out if you're given a distinct advantage over your rivals then you're going to appear a lot better than you really are due to the resources at your disposal compared to the competition

You've taken a comparison from a very uncompetitive league against one where all 4 teams that entered the competition reached the Champions League Quarter Finals. Also completely ignored each of these with your counterpoint:

Man City had their riches before he came in but were nowhere near this impressive or dominant. They're probably the second best team I've seen, behind his Barca team around 2011

They had to win 14 games straight to ensure they won the league after we beat them. Regardless of the money spent, the mental strength and drive he has to instil to achieve that is incredible