The other games today 2019/20

Greg

is Brendan Rodgers a phenomenal manager for managing a team in the country to an unprecedented double treble and an unbeaten season?. In all reality he was given the edge by managing the team that is streets ahead of the rest and the gulf between the likes of celtic and Motherwell,Hearts etc is the same as the gulf between city and the bottom half of the premier league

Aye Brendan Rodgers has always been a bit of a conman.

I’ll be interested to see how he does next season still probably Top half becuase of the amount of open teams he will get to play shot for shot with.

But I don’t think he is as good as he makes out to the media.

“We came to Man City and played with big team personality :icon_puke_r: and dominated the ball for large periods”

No you didn’t Brendan :lol:

Imagine if Rafa came out and said that after a loss with like 35% of the ball or whatever that actor had.

I think the fact that Pep has spent his time at big clubs is being used as a stick against him - sure, he can afford the very best players, but if it was as easy as that, the CL final would be PSG v Madrid every year. He's shopping from the very top shelf, but he's still got to choose the right characters, and manage those characters, and create and implement tactical plans, manage the dozen world class players who sit on the bench or in the stands every week - all while not losing ever because you are expected to not lose ever.

If it was just Barca, then there would be a case for saying it was "his" club, so it doesn't count. You could then say "yeah, but Bayern," but to be consistently so dominant in three very top leagues - it's more than just chequebook management.

Regarding Pep, Klopp, Rogers etc. I've often wondered what would happen if the top five and bottom five managers swapped places for a season.

Just how good would the 'best' do with a poor club, because that's surely the mark of a great manager and coach. And how would Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea do with a 'poor' manager? Is it down to the players, the team ethics or more to do with their coaching?

It's complete fantasy of course and will never happen, but it would really sort out the great managers who can get the best to win as opposed to the great manager who can get the poorest to win.

Regarding Pep, Klopp, Rogers etc. I've often wondered what would happen if the top five and bottom five managers swapped places for a season.

Just how good would the 'best' do with a poor club, because that's surely the mark of a great manager and coach. And how would Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea do with a 'poor' manager? Is it down to the players, the team ethics or more to do with their coaching?

It's complete fantasy of course and will never happen, but it would really sort out the great managers who can get the best to win as opposed to the great manager who can get the poorest to win.

Same :thup:

Klopp and Pochettino would be the best for me.

Guardiola would be a disaster having to play with players who can’t play his way.

Same :thup:

Klopp and Pochettino would be the best for me.

Guardiola would be a disaster having to play with players who can’t play his way.

Players can be coached like. Bielsa got a Leeds team full of shit players to nearly the Premier League. If Rodgers did as well as he did in the first few seasons with Swansea with little investment the Guardiola could do similar

i think managers that play a more expansive style like guardiola would need longer for the players to adapt to their methods, same for klopp actually

poch would walk into a s**** PL team and have no bother

Klopp would be fine as long as he got a pre season to get them fit

Its like the debate is Lewis Hamilton really that better a driver than the lads who drive for lesser teams just because he has the best tools at his disposal?. Put the likes of Guardiola in with our squad he wouldn't do half as near as Rafa and would end up throwing a strop because of the players hes working with are far inferior to what hes accustomed to

Luis Enrique was another one who won everything at Barca is he a great coach because of that???

Guest neesy111

Real behind at the Bernabeu again

Lost 2-0.

Zidane's essentially been experimenting since he came in.  Bale couldn't even get off the bench.