The other games today 2019/20

Greg

His arm blocked a shot hitting the target. It’s clearly a handball.

Apart from the fact the rule is "deliberate" handball, never heard of a rule saying if the ball is going on target it's handball.

I didn’t say the rules said that the fact it was on target made it a handball.  That was my opinion on why, regardless of the rules, I think it should be a penalty.

It was handball but the rule is just wrong, there was nothing unnatural in Rose’s arm position. Us humans have arms and they tend to flay about when we run and jump about. You can almost always tell when a player leaves an arm there to be hit.

Defenders need to put there arms behind their backs now with VAR when blocking shots, crosses in the box.

And affect their mobility immeasurably? Good one.

Risking it otherwise.

Exactly, so the rule is shite.

Anyone who comes up or agree’s with that rule has clearly never ever played football in a defensive position. It’s very similar to the not using your arms to jump rule, you simply cannot.

Defenders need to put there arms behind their backs now with VAR when blocking shots, crosses in the box.

Is that the "natural position" like?

For not potentially using your arms to block it, yes.

I've seen plenty of players do it anway, wise move tbh.

Players and managers are gonna have to wise up.

Anyone who comes up or agree’s with that rule has clearly never ever played football in a defensive position. It’s very similar to the not using your arms to jump rule, you simply cannot.

If it happens on the goal line, people say it's a pen every time, accident or not, it shouldn't be any different just because it's a bit further out.

It was handball but the rule is just wrong, there was nothing unnatural in Rose’s arm position. Us humans have arms and they tend to flay about when we run and jump about. You can almost always tell when a player leaves an arm there to be hit.

I get your point but, to me, it seems unfair that Aguero has a great chance, gets a shot off and it’s blocked by an arm. Yes, it’s probably quite hard to slide and block the ball and ensure your arm definitely doesn’t get in the way, but it’s not impossible and has clearly stopped a shot hitting the target (that probably has a very good chance of going in).

Seems different to me to a cross hitting an arm by someone’s hand side on the edge of the box. I suppose that’s the roundabout point I’m trying to make.

If it happens on the goal line, people say it's a pen every time, accident or not, it shouldn't be any different just because it's a bit further out.

How many times do you see a foul in the box that’s not given but if it was outside the box it would have been given?

Penalties are a law to themselves.

How many times do you see a foul in the box that’s not given but if it was outside the box it would have been given?

Penalties are a law to themselves.

Loads but we aren't discussing that.

Wey, foul as in a tackle anyway.