The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Barca were so comfortable there after taking the lead. The commentary and analysis bordered insanity, repeatedly talking about how De Gea hadn't really been tested meanwhile Man Utd failed to register a single shot on target.

Glad someone else said it :lol:

I know no one cares except me, but Melbourne Victory got buttfucked 0-4 by Guangzhou in the Asian Champions League - extending their record of never winning an away match in the AFCCL in 21 attempts. Hahahaha. Cunts.

If I told you they were managed by Kevin Muscat, would you laugh along with me? :lol:

Much better performance than I expected last night. We were the best side for the majority of the game.

• Ashley Young is dreadful and cost us 4-5 really good opportunities with a terrible final ball
  • Going by the rules, it was a penalty in the McTominay challenge, but the way he threw himself to the ground did him no favours.
  • Busquets shouldn't have been on the pitch by the time he was taken off.
  • Messi was awful. Got the early assist but was pressed hard and completely marked out of the game.
  • Fred and McTominay were excellent in midfield.

We needed to get a goal when we were so dominant. No idea what Dalot was thinking with that header either. Another miracle required to progress but I have more hope than I did against PSG.

:lol: Awful is harsh, imo. He got the assist and the FK could have gone in on a different day. You marked him well, tbf but he was hardly awful. Ashley Young was awful.

What do you mean the FK could have gone in on a different day? :lol: It was a dreadful free kick.

Messi was 3/10 last night. Young was 1/10.

:lol: It wasn't dreadful, man. It took an odd deflection and anything could have happened.

The shite deflection is the only thing that made that FK any sort of a threat. :lol: Probably the worst free I've ever seen him hit.

:lol: Was shocked he didn't calmly put it over the wall and into the net, the form he's been in. The blood rattled him a bit, imo.

Y'all were terrible, though. A super expensive "Bit of magic!" Pardew performance.

Fred was massive and the regen is class. Fair enough.

I love Messi but that was a poor performance from him, even for his assist he miscontrolled it and should’ve been straight in on goal :lol: .  The worrying thing for Man Utd is that they still lost and it’s highly unlikely he (and Barca) will perform anywhere near that badly at the Nou Camp.

I thought Man Utd played well for about 60-70 minutes but they just didn’t look like scoring at all towards the end of the game.  I couldn’t work out whether that was because they ran out of steam, Barca snuffed them out, or because Solskjaer’s substitutions were completely inneffective.  Probably a bit of all 3 is the most likely answer.

It’s still an interesting tie, as i think Barca look like they could push the self-destruct button at any moment and Man Utd have obvious quality to punish them.  You’d expect Barca to get the job done comfortably though.