The other games today 2019/20

Greg

With VAR, there should be no need to dive. So every exaggeration of contact should be viewed as cheating.

Indeed, it can also be a foul AND simulation.

It really is exhausting how little action there is divers, and serial divers.

It needs a referee to one day award the penalty and book the forward. Because refs seldom give a penalty unless the player goes down though, it's hard.

These rats are going to win it and it’ll be unbearable.

I don't like divine righters like Liverpool and Man U, but Liverpool's CL win was nowhere near as bad (i.e., excessively lauded) as I expected. Maybe the silly handball rule having a big say was a factor, I don't know.

Even if Liverpool win the league, it's Euros the next summer with the semis and final at Wembley and a more than decent England team. The press will soon move onto that.

You're entitled to make the most of it when you're fouled. Even with VAR you won't get penalties most of the time unless you go down

You saying Mane was fouled just because there was minor friction between their socks?

You're entitled to make the most of it when you're fouled. Even with VAR you won't get penalties most of the time unless you go down

You saying Mane was fouled just because there was minor friction between their socks?

I never specifically mentioned the penalty

I can't see any foul on Mane but proving a 'clear and obvious error' is difficult in these situations. Contact is perfectly allowed but if there's any contact at all, however harmless, they will say it's not a clear and obvious error by the referee.

I had hoped that VAR would clamp down on diving but for strikers it's still worth going to ground under any contact.

Soccer saturday were saying it was a stone wall pen.

If that was a pen then literally you can’t touch anyone in the box

I haven't seen it but if you touch someone in the box you are asking for trouble.

It sounds like it was clumsy from Albrighton with Mane making the most of it, but if contact is made, it's a foul isn't it?

Guest neesy111

I haven't seen it but if you touch someone in the box you are asking for trouble.

It sounds like it was clumsy from Albrighton with Mane making the most of it, but if contact is made, it's a foul isn't it?

No way is it.

People being shocked that Liverpool get all of the decisions after our game last season. Amazing.

Still convinced that VAR was introduced specifically for the likes of Liverpool to exploit it as much as possible. It wasn't to get the correct decision but to give it to the correct team. They're still throwing themselves everywhere and getting soft ones. Collapsing under the slightest contact is cheating. Contact =/= foul.

Absolutely refuse to believe that pen is given in the other box. It would have gone to VAR and he wouldn't have given it. Not in a million years.

No way is it.

Merson was on about him kicking the back of his foot, i know he is a gobshite mind.

Guest neesy111

Just seen it.  No way is that a pen, there's slight contact but not enough to foul him.

The dive is pathetic.

People being shocked that Liverpool get all of the decisions after our game last season. Amazing.

Still convinced that VAR was introduced specifically for the likes of Liverpool to exploit it as much as possible. It wasn't to get the correct decision but to give it to the correct team. They're still throwing themselves everywhere and getting soft ones. Collapsing under the slightest contact is cheating. Contact =/= foul.

Absolutely refuse to believe that pen is given in the other box. It would have gone to VAR and he wouldn't have given it. Not in a million years.

Agree with all of that.

VAR is called upon almost at random and then the decisions are made by people with vinegar in their eyes. Nothing has changed. Money wins.