The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Just catching up on MOTD, I just really don't understand why the VAR is even here if it's not overturning the Mane penalty. It's as blatant a dive as you'll see all season.

Considering there's loads of dives with zero contact its obviously not as blatant a dive as you'll see all season. They aren't going to overturn penalties when there's contact between legs in the box

Just catching up on MOTD, I just really don't understand why the VAR is even here if it's not overturning the Mane penalty. It's as blatant a dive as you'll see all season.

There was contact tbf. One of those where if Ref doesn't give it, VAR won't give, but if given, VAR won't overturn.

I totally disagree with your first point, just because there has been "contact" does not make the dive any less blatant (if anything it's moreso, because it's much more cynical).

If they can't see that he has felt a touch on his ankle in a standing position and thrown himself to the ground then the system is utterly pointless. It should go without saying that a foot making contact with another foot when both people are both almost standing still is not enough to make someone fall over in agony. If you don't believe me, try it with your friends and family.

"Contact" has become the most pernicious word in the sport. An excuse for blatant cheating and an Emperor's Clothes type refusal to acknowledge that touching another human adult does not usually make them fall to the ground.

I totally disagree with your first point, just because there has been "contact" does not make the dive any less blatant (if anything it's moreso, because it's much more cynical).

If they can't see that he has felt a touch on his ankle in a standing position and thrown himself to the ground then the system is utterly pointless. It should go without saying that a foot making contact with another foot when both people are both almost standing still is not enough to make someone fall over in agony. If you don't believe me, try it with your friends and family.

Totally this.