The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Aubameyang is top 3 in the league like. Not having that at all.

He’s a finisher, nowt more.

Cant agree. You have just said you would prefer Vardy but Vardy is the very definition of "just a finisher", and since when is that a bad thing?

Aubameyang is a world class striker playing in a pretty shite side. Create chances and he will score 25+ goals for you.

When fixing this Arsenal side, Aubameyang and Lacazette are the last place to start. As you say, the first place to start is the board, then the manager, then some competent defenders.

Signing David Luiz was literally the last player they needed. Great technical ability, bang average defender, with the game management of a frog.

Leicester, on the other hand, signed Jonny Evans last year. Solid, dependable and experienced at this level.

8 point gap between 4th and 5th. Villa win this weekend and the bottom 3 are miles adrift n all. Add a Liverpool win and the league is pretty much done.

Even in those results happen, I don't think the title race and relegation places are settled, however the Champions League places are definitely settled because Man United, Arsenal and Spurs don't have the quality or consistency to finish above Chelsea or Leicester. The Europa League places are wide open though it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Bournemouth finished in the top 6 this season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aubameyang is top 3 in the league like. Not having that at all.

He’s a finisher, nowt more.

Cant agree. You have just said you would prefer Vardy but Vardy is the very definition of "just a finisher", and since when is that a bad thing?

Aubameyang is a world class striker playing in a pretty shite side. Create chances and he will score 25+ goals for you.

When fixing this Arsenal side, Aubameyang and Lacazette are the last place to start. As you say, the first place to start is the board, then the manager, then some competent defenders.

Signing David Luiz was literally the last player they needed. Great technical ability, bang average defender, with the game management of a frog.

Leicester, on the other hand, signed Jonny Evans last year. Solid, dependable and experienced at this level.

If PEA is world-class, Vardy is Messi class! Vardy is more than a finisher by the way, he presses, he leads the line, he can drift into wide positions, spins and goes and is also a very good defensive forward. Very underrated player.

Lacazette Is a better all-rounder than PEA, but not as good a finisher. As poor as Arsenal are, PEA needs to do more off the ball and help link up play more like Augero does or Rashford does even which would help them just as much and if not more as him scoring would.

Don’t get me wrong he’s a good player, but not outstanding like others. He’s average compared to the top strikers and I’d include Vardy as a top striker.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm surprised anyone thinks PEA is worse than Vardy.

I must say it's a pointless discussion in my eyes as they are both excellent. Ones playing in a better side atm.

I think the big difference is Vardy will still perform even in a poor side, that’s what separates him from others in the way that separated say Shearer from say a James Beattie (obvious ability differences aside). That’s because Vardy has a lot more to his game where he can function and give his team what all teams need from their striker regardless of how good the team behind him is or not or the service they provide.

Of course PEA would perform way better in a better team, that goes without saying, but I guarantee Vardy would make this poor Arsenal team a bit better than they are with PEA rather than the other way round!

I’m biased of course as I love Vardy as a striker or rather the type of striker he is and rate him highly, he’s amazing and so is his rise to the top. Again I think he’d function in any side/set up, well enough to score goals and improve whoever he’s playing up front for. PEA needs to be in the right set up, with the right quality of players, to function even moderately at a level he can. Without, well, he ends up looking very average indeed unless he’s putting chances away.

I watched Vardy last night and forget his goal, it was chalk and cheese between the two.

It’s not always about goals remember, Cisse would outscore Perez, but under Rafa I know who I’d rather have in the team and who would function more and improve the team more. Almiron could go a whole season not scoring and would give us more than Atsu in his place instead playing the full season and scoring 5 goals in return.

Lacazette gives Arsenal more than PEA right now, goals or not. Of course, a good coach would get both functioning much more than they are, that’s where Emery is failing, as poor as Arsenal are, a Rafa or a Rodgers would have them doing much better than they are.

Arsenal should go all out for Rafa and let him rebuild from the bottom up, they would improve 3 fold even on a meagre budget compared to their rivals. Mourinho would be a boom or bust choice, Rodgers for me doesn’t have that extra something to turn potential into winning, maybe Poch doesn’t either at Spurs. That’s not what they need. Rafa does, he’d be a brilliant fit for them and I’m sure right now easy on the eye football is the last thing Arsenal fans are bothered about, not that Rafa’s teams can’t play good football anyway. His teams do play winning football though.

What he achieved here will never be truly appreciated, but he produced miracles and did a great job, never underestimate what he did with us, he was a phenomenal success  here!

Imagine what he could do with Arsenal’s team, their youth set up, with their facilities, with their budget. He’d give them more chance of competing the most against Liverpool and City over the rest on a regular basis and with others in Europe.

They’d be fools to go for Mourinho or give it to someone up and coming when Rafa could fix their problems in a few transfer windows and once fixed, get them soaring again!

Guest Howaythetoon

Vardy is immense. One of the best 3 strikers in the league for the last 4 years.

Easily, up there with Kane and Auguero  certainly and arguably he gives his team more than they do and consistently functions perfectly dovetailing his team’s play/system better than anyone and with Vardy, you feel he’d do that whether with Leicester or say Spurs or Arsenal.

Vardy is immense. One of the best 3 strikers in the league for the last 4 years.

Vardy is class. Been so consistent over last 3-4 years like you say.

Actually think he's looking better than ever this season. Scoring, creating, always seems to be heavily involved.

I wonder if he could still go on for another 3-4 years like this? He’s not had the intense Academy upbringing, constant international football, etc that most do at this level. Might not suffer the same sort of burn out as most others. He’ll naturally lose a yard of pace but his fitness seems high still.

I wonder if he could still go on for another 3-4 years like this? He’s not had the intense Academy upbringing, constant international football, etc that most do at this level. Might not suffer the same sort of burn out as most others. He’ll naturally lose a yard of pace but his fitness seems high still.

England need to fight to get him in the euros squad

Traore starting to look the real deal now.

Funny pundits were writing Wolves’ season off after about 4 games saying they couldn’t balance Europe and the league yet they’re up into the top 8 and nailed on to qualify.

Amazing what happens when you treat it properly and don’t cry on like a tosser.