The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Ederson, Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, D Silva ©, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Aguero

SUBS | Carson, Walker, Sterling, Gundogan, G Jesus, Laporte, De Bruyne, Sane, Mendy

Guest Butcher

Not a single youngster on the bench for City, just hundreds of billions worth of Internationals. And Scott Carson. :lol:

I mean, you're at home to fucking Burnely. Give one or two kids a place in the squad.

Not a single youngster on the bench for City, just hundreds of billions worth of Internationals. And Scott Carson. :lol:

I mean, you're at home to fucking Burnely. Give one or two kids a place in the squad.

If they’re not good enough that’s the worst thing you could do. Last thing you want is some 17 year old kid thinking he’s already made it.

Save the kids for the weekend

Guest Butcher

I mean, you're at home to f***ing Burnely. Give one or two kids a place in the squad.

If they’re not good enough that’s the worst thing you could do. Last thing you want is some 17 year old kid thinking he’s already made it.

Maybe that 17-year old kid will get inspired by the experience and work even harder to become as good as he possibly can?

I mean, you're at home to f***ing Burnely. Give one or two kids a place in the squad.

Maybe that 17-year old kid will get inspired by the experience and work even harder to become as good as he possibly can?

They had a rule in the SPL (not sure if it’s still in place). Walter Smith used to hate it at Rangers because he’d get Academy players who were nowhere near good enough yet who he’d have to put in the squad because of the rules and they’d swagger around the place like they’d made it. They should be there on merit not just a case of ‘throw the kids in’.

Guest Butcher

They had a rule in the SPL (not sure if it’s still in place). Walter Smith used to hate it at Rangers because he’d get Academy players who were nowhere near good enough yet who he’d have to put in the squad because of the rules and they’d swagger around the place like they’d made it. They should be there on merit not just a case of ‘throw the kids in’.

Poor man management from Smith, then.

A 17-year old kid is rarely good enough for the PL, but I bet City have a few potential PL players in their academy. Give the best and most determined ones a taste of the match day experience. Doubt it would hurt their development.

Why would Pep risk doing that?

If they're 0-0 after 60 mins and you've got 5 subs to make he'll want to bring on game changers not some random 17 year old regens. Or if Cancelo gets an injury in the first 5 mins he'll want to bring Walker on rather than an academy prospect rather than a pointless risk

Guest Butcher

It's not like they're winning the league or dropping out of the top 4?

It's the perfect time to blood some youngsters.

Poor man management from Smith, then.

A 17-year old kid is rarely good enough for the PL, but I bet City have a few potential PL players in their academy. Give the best and most determined ones a taste of the match day experience. Doubt it would hurt their development.

It’s not bad man management at all.