Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I’m still quite cynical about this whole deal and won’t believe it until it’s done.

But he’s far from a Fredo type character.

Did some digging and found this interview. He seems fairly well balanced and intelligent.

Is that even him? I can't keep up with who is actually trying to buy us!

That's him.

Having been pretty much drunk for the last two days and out the loop I started to get a few confusing whatsapps about this. Initially wrote it off then read a bit about, then convinced myself we will be the next Man City.

I'm still confused, this shit legit?

Being a bit hungover and at work I'm now thinking the fat cunt is using this as a bullshit excuse to fuck Rafa off slyly. Help iz  :undecided:

Having been pretty much drunk for the last two days and out the loop I started to get a few confusing whatsapps about this. Initially wrote it off then read a bit about, then convinced myself we will be the next Man City.

I'm still confused, this s*** legit?

Being a bit hungover and at work I'm now thinking the fat c*** is using this as a bullshit excuse to f*** Rafa off slyly. Help iz  :undecided:

na theres more to it than the usual takeover rumours..just think it was leaked to early and the news ,has been a bit sketchy at best

I’m still quite cynical about this whole deal and won’t believe it until it’s done.

But he’s far from a Fredo type character.

Did some digging and found this interview. He seems fairly well balanced and intelligent.

Hey, nice work Sherlock!

Good to see he’s not some swivel-eyed loon or Pardew-like smarm merchant.

People are over analyzing the supposed Liverpool bid mind, it was for £2bn with plenty more moving parts apparently.

We're the equivalent of a Ford Mondeo after getting refused finance on an Aston Martin.

Guest Open_C

People are over analyzing the supposed Liverpool bid mind, it was for £2bn with plenty more moving parts apparently.

We're the equivalent of a Ford Mondeo after getting refused finance on an Aston Martin.

Can't believe people don't recognise this distinction like :)

Wasn’t Amanda Staveley somehow involved in that Liverpool bid too?

I have a feeling she may be involved in this in some capacity.

I've wondered that too, wouldn't be a surprise if shes helped facilitate things

Got a horrible feeling that we’ll get to July and Ashley will be releasing a statement about how he tried to get the sale ‘over the line’ and will be pledging ‘every available penny’ to Rafa in the transfer window.  :(

Don't worry. Rafa won't be here in July in that scenario.

Guest godzilla

They simply decided not to proceed the Liverpool bid by not paying the deposit. This is different from “failing to prove the source of funds”

And who would pay a deposit of that sum if you were not proeeding. Non story being bigged up by shit journalists.

Guest The Little Waster

The whole thing is bollocks designed to get Rafa to sign on the dotted line and then it all magically disappears

They simply decided not to proceed the Liverpool bid by not paying the deposit. This is different from “failing to prove the source of funds”

The Liverpool owners didn't want to sell. They can suggest  this lot were time wasters but the same can be leveled at them. Same as getting an estate agent round to value your house just to know how much its worth but having no plans to sell.

Guest godzilla

The whole thing is bollocks designed to get Rafa to sign on the dotted line and then it all magically disappears

You think Rafa is that stupid  ;D ;D

The local and national journalists know fuck all. Might as well stick any of their updates in the brain dead twitter thread and just hold your horses for an official update from the club, that's now the only source that matters.

Guest The Little Waster

Why would anyone bid £2 Bn for Liverpool anyway ? They can’t be worth anything like that . How come there’s two pics of this ‘ Sheikh ‘ floating about that would appear to be two completely different people ?

Why would anyone bid £2 Bn for Liverpool anyway ? They can’t be worth anything like that . How come there’s two pics of this ‘ Sheikh ‘ floating about that would appear to be two completely different people ?

Coz people have been mixing the two up. The Geordie dentist touches on it in his thread. Two guys, similar names

There's 2 with very similar names. Crossed wires I'm guessing. 

Wasn’t Amanda Staveley somehow involved in that Liverpool bid too?

I have a feeling she may be involved in this in some capacity.

Yeah I reckon you’re right

:spit:

Aye, that'll be it.

Seriously, how the fuck is this going to make Rafa sign if it's all bullshit?