Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I love how it’s been no comment from Newcastle, but he somehow knows that they remain sceptical.

Plenty have talked about "Newcastle" calling it (a deal in it self?) bullshit/not likely etc. Guess they're asking different people. Problem is, they're likely going off nothing but gut feeling.

A religious holiday wont stop a multi billion dollar company doing business, I wouldnt have thought. Even if it is a highly religious part of the world.

A religious holiday wont stop a multi billion dollar company doing business, I wouldnt have thought. Even if it is a highly religious part of the world.

Aye, I'm sure Christmas Day has no affect on the stock market. Or Black Friday.

Aye, I'm sure Christmas Day has no affect on the stock market. Or Black Friday.

Stock market? I'm not so sure the middle eastern stock market will have a barring over emailing some paperwork like.

I love how it’s been no comment from Newcastle, but he somehow knows that they remain sceptical.

NUFC and Premier League not revealing information = Deal off. Nothing to do with possibly breaking NDA's or strict code of conduct.

Journalists not revealing their sources = Still take info as gospel. They just can't break journalistic code.

I work in a multi billion dollar company, it closes one day over Christmas and even then it has employees working.

That said, I can see why a large financial transaction might not take place.

I’d be amazed if this doesn’t happen now. All the crap flying round says to me that only those that need to know actually know what’s going on. What is refreshing though is the (potential) new owners openness to make statements for the fans benefit.

Guest godzilla

Prepare for a day of click bait.

And it begins...after saying we’re still waiting for proof of funds, here’s an article on how much spending power we might have.

He is also saying how Ashley is concerned that this is being played out in the media, no bid has been made and Rafa will be frustrated. This despite nothing being said by Ashley, the club or Rafa. The bloke is the worst journalist there is and just makes up total bullshit week after week. He is that thick he probably thinks that by making shit up he will force an official reaction.

NE journo reputations have taken a huge hit because of this I reckon.

They rightly never had a reputation for me. Hopefully an eye opener for some as to their level of competency.

To be fair though sports journalism is the lowest form of the profession, especially football, seems it doesn’t have to be right, factual or to any standard. Thoughts are posted as facts hidden behind pretend sources and n one can call them out due to protecting their sources. I understand why they do in real cases, just know it’s a smokescreen to be able to spread more lies for more clicks and attention.

They rightly never had a reputation for me. Hopefully an eye opener for some as to their level of competency.

To be fair though sports journalism is the lowest form of the profession, especially football, seems it doesn’t have to be right, factual or to any standard. Thoughts are posted as facts hidden behind pretend sources and n one can call them out due to protecting their sources. I understand why they do in real cases, just know it’s a smokescreen to be able to spread more lies for more clicks and attention.

Mentioned it a few days ago, I never particularly liked Oliver & Gibson but they were a different level to what we’ve got now. I know back then they’ll have had closer contacts to the club and that aspect of football has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years, but the current crop are awful.

I remember wincing at some of that Chris Waugh’s articles when they used to crop up on NewsNow on some random site, with his ‘5 things we learned’ bollocks and the like, next thing he’s working for The Chronicle doing exactly the same thing.

Guest godzilla

Mentioned it a few days ago, I never particularly liked Oliver & Gibson but they were a different level to what we’ve got now. I know back then they’ll have had closer contacts to the club and that aspect of football has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years, but the current crop are awful.

I remember wincing at some of that Chris Waugh’s articles when they used to crop up on NewsNow on some random site, with his ‘5 things we learned’ bollocks and the like, next thing he’s working for The Chronicle doing exactly the same thing.

:snod:

:snod:

Has Ryder ever actually broke a story of any gravity?

ever?

I'm not linking it because Chronicle, but the wankers have only gone ahead and went back on Football Manager  :anguish: Another high end journalist piece showing how we would spend £200 million this summer. 95 million went on Hudson Odoi btw  :cheesy:

Downie's been the worst.

He came out with that they would be heavily investing in the club and the area. He then started following the line about the lack of proof of funds. Make your mind up.

Prepare for a day of click bait.

And it begins...after saying we’re still waiting for proof of funds, here’s an article on how much spending power we might have.

This is the level of Ryder in the journalism stakes like. He must literally be sitting in the office just thinking of 'things to write about' day on day.