Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I think they have to actually deposit some money to make it exclusive. Could be wrong.

Any thoughts on why Ashley hasn’t come out in the media this time saying the deal is further down the line than ever before? Like he did with Kenyon.

Yes. Incorrect.

In 99.9% of deals, in simplistic terms, heads of terms are agreed in principle, due diligence commences, terms altered depending on what due diligence throws up/out and the SPA written up, reviewed by the respective legal team, funds exchanged and job done.

Am I incorrect or is the post about them having reached exclusivity incorrect?

It's not the PL we are looking for developments from, since the fit and proper persons process has just begun. That's meant to take a couple of weeks.

We might hear from the club though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: hear from the club, good one

Given that there has been a great deal of debate on this board as to whether he is a proper person it will take some time.  He doesn't look that fit either to be fair

Eh?

Fuck me Stiffy :lol:

I think they have to actually deposit some money to make it exclusive. Could be wrong.

Any thoughts on why Ashley hasn’t come out in the media this time saying the deal is further down the line than ever before? Like he did with Kenyon.

Possible NDA?

It's not the PL we are looking for developments from, since the fit and proper persons process has just begun. That's meant to take a couple of weeks.

Given that there has been a great deal of debate on this board as to whether he is a proper person it will take some time.  He doesn't look that fit either to be fair

Eh?

Fuck me Stiffy :lol:

Possible NDA?

Yeah could be. My thoughts are though that the whole Kenyon thing was a scam that Ashley was in on. This seems different but only time will tell I guess.

:boomboom: :pow:

Get real people, we are Being played like a fiddle by the fatman  :dave:

Same as ever.

This. I can't believe the amount of people who are falling for this shit again.

The theory that it’s done as a smokescreen so he doesn’t have to give Rafa a new contract makes no sense ffs :lol:

Same as ever.

This. I can't believe the amount of people who are falling for this s*** again.

I just think it will conveniently fall through, Rafa will leave, too late for transfers and royally screwed.

Happy to be wrong but it feels too familiar

Same as ever.

I just think it will conveniently fall through, Rafa will leave, too late for transfers and royally screwed.

Why would they go to all that bother a fourth failed takeover with 1 common denominator isn’t going to appease the fans and why would this Arab group play along.

Guest The Little Waster

Same as ever.

The theory that it’s done as a smokescreen so he doesn’t have to give Rafa a new contract makes no sense ffs :lol:

add in selling season tickets

Same as ever.

Why would they go to all that bother a fourth failed takeover with 1 common denominator isn’t going to appease the fans and why would this Arab group play along.

No idea, it just doesn't feel right though. We aren't allowed nice things

Same as ever.

No idea, it just doesn't feel right though. We aren't allowed nice things

And I think the group are maybe trying to takeover, however I don't think Ashley will actually go through with selling it.

Same as ever.

If people buy season tickets before Rafa or takeover is sorted more fool them. When’s the deadline to renew?

Guest The Little Waster

Ask yourself this question : Did they reach out to Ashley or did Ashley reach out to them ?

Same as ever.

If people buy season tickets before Rafa or takeover is sorted more fool them. When’s the deadline to renew?

Renewals haven’t even began.

Guest The Little Waster

Maybe Ashley saw the attempt at them buying Liverpool and contacted them knowing full well they were bullshit tyre kickers

What has he got to gain by doing that? So Rafa leaves. Half the summer goes by, no new manager, no new players in. Possibly some out.

Then what!? Relegation again.

There’s no way he would intentionally do that to himself.

He hasn’t got the foggiest about football. But he knows how to make a profit.

All those bad decisions, 8 year contracts. John Carver, Steve McClaren etc. Someone was advising him on that, badly.. and he buys into that whole British is best bullshit. He would have happily hired Allardyce until he saw what Rafa can do on a shoestring.

If the club wasn’t being sold Rafa would be tied to a new deal by now. There’s a reason it’s held up which is that all these assurances Rafa wants in his contract won’t be applicable under the new lot.

Fuck knows what the hold up is but I’m guessing whoever leaked it did so way before it was ready to be. Now it’s looking like something is wrong when it was only ever just going through the due process?

The fact the club haven’t come out to say “these lot are time wasters” ala what Ashley did with Staveley makes me think it will go through.

Ask yourself this question : Did they reach out to Ashley or did Ashley reach out to them ?

By all accounts he’s lost a shit load from recent business deals and SD share price drop. It’s possible he is actually trying to sell it

This deal may well fall thru but these conspiracy theories are crackers

Same as ever.

:lol: Honestly, Ashley should be working for the CIA if you lads think he's mentally capable of conducting massive conspiracies like this :lol: I'm not saying he isn't going to fuck the deal over through either incompetence or unwillingness to sell, but I doubt he's orchestrating mass social media Fake News on a global scale mind.