Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest The Little Waster

Ask yourself this question : Did they reach out to Ashley or did Ashley reach out to them ?

By all accounts he’s lost a shit load from recent business deals and SD share price drop. It’s possible he is actually trying to sell it

This deal may well fall thru but these conspiracy theories are crackers

Its not a conspiracy theory its a question ...

Get real people, we are Being played like a fiddle by the fatman  :dave:

Same as ever.

This. I can't believe the amount of people who are falling for this shit again.

The theory that it’s done as a smokescreen so he doesn’t have to give Rafa a new contract makes no sense ffs :lol:

add in selling season tickets

:lol: Honestly, Ashley should be working for the CIA if you lads think he's mentally capable of conducting massive conspiracies like this :lol: I'm not saying he isn't going to fuck the deal over through either incompetence or unwillingness to sell, but I doubt he's orchestrating mass social media Fake News on a global scale mind.

This. Anyone believes this conspiracy stuff is madder than a box Trumps

Its a chronicle link. I guarantee it's anything but.

Better than reading about bacon sarnies and sonias flange tho :lol:

You end up reading about those anyway with all the stupid pop up ads, sponsored links, Lee Ryder's face and general computer diseases the Chronicle website inflicts upon your machine.

I think they have to actually deposit some money to make it exclusive. Could be wrong.

Any thoughts on why Ashley hasn’t come out in the media this time saying the deal is further down the line than ever before? Like he did with Kenyon.

Yes. Incorrect.

In 99.9% of deals, in simplistic terms, heads of terms are agreed in principle, due diligence commences, terms altered depending on what due diligence throws up/out and the SPA written up, reviewed by the respective legal team, funds exchanged and job done.

Am I incorrect or is the post about them having reached exclusivity incorrect?

Sorry - perhaps should've clarified - the point about the deposit in exchange for exclusivity would be incorrect in my view.

A bit like sticking £10k down on a house before you've had it surveyed. Not a complete impossibility/unheard of but highly unlikely.

Ask yourself this question : Did they reach out to Ashley or did Ashley reach out to them ?

By all accounts he’s lost a shit load from recent business deals and SD share price drop. It’s possible he is actually trying to sell it

This deal may well fall thru but these conspiracy theories are crackers

This. He strikes me as a guy that doesn’t like losing hard cash and finds ways if rebuilding his reserve again.

The Newcastle United takeover saga is set to be the talk of the top flight at the Premier League's Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday.

All 20 clubs who will compete in the division in 2019/20 will be present at the summit, with the three promoted sides - Norwich City, Sheffield United and Aston Villa - formally entered into the league, while the table is officially reset for the new season, too.

Magpies managing director Lee Charnley is expected to represent Newcastle at the meeting, and there is no doubt that his Premier League counterparts will be keen to learn whether new owners will soon be in place at St James' Park.

maybe we,ll get some clarity after this meetin, friday it is  :frantic:

The Newcastle United takeover saga is set to be the talk of the top flight at the Premier League's Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday.

All 20 clubs who will compete in the division in 2019/20 will be present at the summit, with the three promoted sides - Norwich City, Sheffield United and Aston Villa - formally entered into the league, while the table is officially reset for the new season, too.

Magpies managing director Lee Charnley is expected to represent Newcastle at the meeting, and there is no doubt that his Premier League counterparts will be keen to learn whether new owners will soon be in place at St James' Park.

maybe we,ll get some clarity after this meetin, friday it is  :frantic:

He'll say fuck all. There's no logical reason to discuss an ongoing commercial negotiation with your competitors tbh.

what terms ,if he gets his asking price thats it,he shouldnt be looking to keep his sportsdirect stuff on veiw,thats an unreasonable scenario

You can bet your ass SD advertisement is in any deal.

what terms ,if he gets his asking price thats it,he shouldnt be looking to keep his sportsdirect stuff on veiw,thats an unreasonable scenario

That's the whole point of the negotiation.

In every single deal there are factors which are exchanged for both sides.

Pay £xm more and you can set fire to the sports direct boards in front of a packed gallowgate end.

Pay £xm less and we'll want to leave the advertising in place for x years and x% of shirt sales for the next x years.

It's assumed that they've broadly agreed terms given the communication from the Sheikh's side and if it's at the premier league that's near enough the final stage of the process bar sending over the wedge to the lawyers to distribute as appropriate.

what if they struck a deal to be a partner invester but with ma still holding 51%, how would that grab ya?

I've said all along that I don't think it's unthinkable that Ashley would want to retain a minority stake. Not 51% but perhaps 20-30%.

I hope that's not the case. I pray that's not the case. It'd be a fucking nightmare along the similar scale as the current nightmare of his reign.