Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Bishop's played a blinder.

No....No he hasn't.

People give bishop way too much credit he isn't that powerful and he isn't that smart

Isn't how smart? How clever do you think someone needs to be to plant stories in the papers ffs?

Also, lets pretend Rafa won't sign up on Ashleys terms, what do you think Bishop would suggest? Tell the fans the truth?  :lol:

Especially when as a fanbase we are so fucking easy to con.

From the very start I've been suspicious of this, the main reason being why now? Just as we were meant to be signing Rafa up long term. It stinks.

Then you add in the character and history of our owner, and our bi-annual "takeover talks" and surely even our most optimistic fans must question this?

No....No he hasn't.

People give bishop way too much credit he isn't that powerful and he isn't that smart

Isn't how smart? How clever do you think someone needs to be to plant stories in the papers ffs?

Also, lets pretend Rafa won't sign up on Ashleys terms, what do you think Bishop would suggest? Tell the fans the truth?  :lol:

From the very start I've been suspicious of this, the main reason being why now? Just as we were meant to be signing Rafa up long term. It stinks.

To fake being an Arabic consortium though? Howay man. :lol:

:lol:

It just makes no sense at all. It would be the worst PR move in the history of mankind to make us believe we were getting shot of Ashley, for it all to be revealed that actually he's staying and Rafa is off.

No....No he hasn't.

Im not saying they're faking being them, no-one knows whats really going on, I just have massive doubts that this is our way out of the Ashley nightmare. It's just all so bizarre. It's only at this club under this regime that the news of "NUFC has been bought!!!" would turn to "they might have an agreement on price, but they might not have even made a bid. Not happening any time soon etc"...its how all the other supposed takeover attempts started/continued.

But can anyone answer why the news leaked just as we were meant to be securing our world class manager to a new deal?

It just makes no sense at all. It would be the worst PR move in the history of mankind to make us believe we were getting shot of Ashley, for it all to be revealed that actually he's staying and Rafa is off.

Exactly would make the fans even more pissed off than if Rafa just left. Makes no sense

Unless he just thinks we’ll all turn up in September anyway and it’ll save him spending anything at all in the transfer window.

I believe this a real bid fwiw but it’s absolutely not beyond Ashley, Bishop, Barnes and co to cook something up that results in no takeover, Rafa gone and no spend by him. He does not give a fuck about this club.

No....No he hasn't.

Then you add in the character and history of our owner, and our bi-annual "takeover talks" and surely even our most optimistic fans must question this?

Rafa seems strangely quiet throughout it all which is something I've rightly or wrongly deemed promising.

There is no way he wouldn't have been leaking how the outcome of the meetings he had had planned out.

Possibly just blind optimism like.

The only thread update I'm desperate for is a space in between the colon and the S.

Not possible due to character limit.

For all GE's hogwash that's probably up there with the meltiest thing I've ever heard.

Simply a fact. 

Nothing was ever going to happen today. Close sources said earlier this week it might not be done before Rafa's contract expired.  It'll go through but it'll take a while.

I agree nothing was going to happen today but that apparent close source you mentioned who said it would be done after Rafas contract expires is that Ben Jacobs who if I’m correct said that bloke on twitter was their lawyer and he ended up being just some random fucker.

No....No he hasn't.

Im not saying they're faking being them, no-one knows whats really going on, I just have massive doubts that this is our way out of the Ashley nightmare. It's just all so bizarre. It's only at this club under this regime that the news of "NUFC has been bought!!!" would turn to "they might have an agreement on price, but they might not have even made a bid. Not happening any time soon etc"...its how all the other supposed takeover attempts started/continued.

But can anyone answer why the news leaked just as we were meant to be securing our world class manager to a new deal?

Because the prospective new owners leaked it and are happy to play it out in public. Complete opposite to the club. If we were responding you could possibly put that down to Bishop.

Nothing was ever going to happen today. Close sources said earlier this week it might not be done before Rafa's contract expired.  It'll go through but it'll take a while.

Ha! People gonna be gettin all excited in the build-up to Rafa's contract expiring. Lee you;re a fucking genius, as thumbs go.

The cringe brigade always treat these rumours like they are totally aware of everything, and they need to be first on the scene about passing the next piece of info up the chain be it the truth or just totally made up for a bit of extra attention.

It's fucking embarrassing! Each time I check back in the topic has moved up by 10 pages or more, and it's the same old posters talking a load of crap.

Needs locking this thread

Steve wraith’s negativity is getting right on my nerves

He is a prick and knows fuck all do ignore it. Same with all of the press. I would probably just ignore everything that isn't and official statement and just wait and see what happens. It will either happen or it won't. I think it will if the club was a PLC we would know a lot more which is why it's so sketchy compared to Ashleys takeover.