Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The guy is a fucking moron like, in business and personally. Imagine not being able to realise the opportunities for a sports retailer by having a wee run and successful football club. But nah, he’s a great businessman because he treads on the exploited without recourse.

Imagine taking a football club earning a fraction of its potential commercial revenue, at the most lucrative time in history to own a football club, and actually reducing the commercial revenue. It beggars belief!

Business genius my hoop!

The guy is a fucking moron like, in business and personally. Imagine not being able to realise the opportunities for a sports retailer by having a wee run and successful football club. But nah, he’s a great businessman because he treads on the exploited without recourse.

Imagine taking a football club earning a fraction of its potential commercial revenue, at the most lucrative time in history to own a football club, and actually reducing the commercial revenue. It beggars belief!

Business genius my hoop!

It's not about the commercial revenue of the club he gives a shit about though is it. It's the global exposure Sports Direct gets off the back of us, that's the kicker.

Why you wouldn't want to do both is baffling, but I guess the club doesn't generate the same money as the exposure for his tat empire does, maybe ?

Business genius my hoop!

It's not about the commercial revenue of the club he gives a shit about though is it. It's the global exposure Sports Direct gets off the back of us, that's the kicker.

Why you wouldn't want to do both is baffling, but I guess the club doesn't generate the same money as the exposure for his tat empire does, maybe ?

I think the point people are making is that he would get his shit company even better exposure if we did normal football club things like try to enhance the commercial revenue and build an exciting, successful team. 

Business genius my hoop!

I think the point people are making is that he would get his shit company even better exposure if we did normal football club things like try to enhance the commercial revenue and build an exciting, successful team. 

Like being associated with bigger brands or international names.  Nah, by default a stack em high, sell em cheap tat master.  :lol:

Business genius my hoop!

To be honest you wouldn't even need to build an exciting team. He could significantly increase our commercial revenue within the existing model of just staying in the Premier League - corporate hospitality, overseas promotion, advertising deals, sponsorship of the training ground and kit, pre-season tours, feeder clubs etc.

It wouldn't even have to reduce the level of advertising he current does for his tat emporiums.

It's hardly ground breaking stuff. It would just take someone a bit more sophisticated than Market Mike to make it happen. Looking at the company he keeps though, i doubt he knows anyone like that and we know he doesn't like to hire outside his circle of goons.

No way the fat c*** is selling up anytime soon like. I bet he's still here in 5 years time

Have a little hope man, like suicide watch in here!

This time he’s in a position where he has to sell to make up for other losses. If not he wouldn’t sell. But that’s not the case. He’s lost close to a billion of his personal wealth over the last 12-18 months.

No way the fat cunt is selling up anytime soon like. I bet he's still here in 5 years time

I'm glad you have finally got off the fence with your views. I thought you were never going to tell us what you thought on the takeover.

Just read an exchange between Caulkin and some default egg cunt. What is it with this attitude that journalists are in some way a service to fans, where demands to answer questions, provide sources etc are all fine and well? Utterly bizarre.

Business genius my hoop!

Aye I get that mate, as I said it makes no sense why you wouldn't want to do both. As I also said maybe he makes far more money from just owning us than he would from investing in us.

So do the minimum with us cost wise, to make more for his other business.

As you said more exposure would bring in more money surely, he is a baffling bizarre arsehole.

If there’s another group perhaps she’s part of a consortium and when he mentioned on Twitter that if he shared his info then it probably wouldn’t happen.

Maybe he means that if Mike knew Staveley was involved he’s start messing her about or something like that.

Personally I don’t believe there’s any other serious buyers. BZG is as close as it’s ever been and it will happen. It’s a matter of when.

No other consortii (?) have approached me to make a new consortium if that is any help.  And for the record, I am serious but...uh...skint as you say.

Just read an exchange between Caulkin and some default egg cunt. What is it with this attitude that journalists are in some way a service to fans, where demands to answer questions, provide sources etc are all fine and well? Utterly bizarre.

An increasing number of today's population are borderline brain-dead, is why.

I've seen a few Audis around the training ground today. That's probably the closest we're going to get.

I saw a cowboy there earlier driving a little German car.

I said  'Audi'

Everytime it takes time for me to load or refresh this thread after leaving it for a while, I'm like a little boy on Christmas morning hoping for something nice, hoping that there has been a major update on the takeover. Then, when the page does load, the first thing I see is no change to the thread tite and I'm disapointed as when I open that Christmas gift, my dad bought me a Slazenger sleeping bag complete in Sports Direct wrapping paper. And a complimentary Sports Direct mug to go with it.

Saw that too :lol:

Where's Odin[/member]? Going on like it was a done deal  :lol:

Going to look very foolish when big mike is still at the wheel come August

Shut up man

:lol: truth hurts ey. I know I know

You can't go on like that spouting bollocks for weeks on end and then when it turns out to be total shit not expect to be called out on it

Where's Odin[/member]? Going on like it was a done deal  :lol:

Going to look very foolish when big mike is still at the wheel come August

Shut up man

:lol: truth hurts ey. I know I know

I don't think it will happen (we support Nufc after all) but you're tiresome. Like watching paint dry in the Amazonas.