Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Odin. :thup:

Twitter is toxic as fuck and we should introduce a rule in this thread to not share anything that isnt substantial or from a reputable source. Every dickhead on Twitter is trying to be ITK or else trying to wind people up and every time one is posted in here we get 2 pages on it.

I'm fed up coming on here for the first time everyday to 8 new pages of total shit in this thread. The stuff people were freaking out about last week amounted to nothing, same the week before and same the week before that. Can we stop taking everything on Twitter as gospel ffs?

Odin is right. The deal has already done - signatures signed, papers submitted. Rumours of third and fourth party interest at this stage are guffle. There will be announcement soon, within a fortnight with some luck. Also, the figure of sale agreed is closer to 300m with property involved. Benitez will be kept on, as will Charnley. Rafa actually likes him, even though I know the fans hate him and he is bald.

Odin is right. The deal has already done - signatures signed, papers submitted. Rumours of third and fourth party interest at this stage are guffle. There will be announcement soon, within a fortnight with some luck. Also, the figure of sale agreed is closer to 300m with property involved. Benitez will be kept on, as will Charnley. Rafa actually likes him, even though I know the fans hate him and he is bald.

Ok, I’ll bite.

Source?

You think Charnley could actually be a good managing director? Maybe he just had his hands tied by Ashley all this time.

This is Stockholm Syndrome. We need to chase him out of town on a donkey.

I am from Sweden and new here and have a question. I turn 40 in August and I think my wife is planning a trip to Newcastle and watch a match (first PL ever) but If the takeover dont happen and Rafa leave will I be a traitor then in your opinion?

You think Charnley could actually be a good managing director? Maybe he just had his hands tied by Ashley all this time.

No but I think there’ll be transfer targets and negotiations with agents that are probably already underway ready to be signed off once this happens. He might go before January’s window.

Well hello sir, you're far more interesting and upbeat than that Durham Mag fellow  O0

Now fuck off.

I was a bit worried at first as to how wealthy BZG were as that info is not readily available online. In fact anything you can find plays it down.

But looking into the structure of how it works, so you have the Sheikh as the glue who holds it together. The rest (all the other companies) follow his guidance. He’s a smart one.

Midhat Kidwai to me seems more like a Mike from Breaking Bad. Knows all the comings and goings and manages it. Knows his place in the organisation and makes sure all the companies involved tow the line. Heavily involved in the Human Resources side of things.

To put it into perspective, you literally could have a hundred or more companies the size of or bigger than Sports Direct and many more smaller ones who carry out specific services to compliment the bigger ones. We could quite potentially match Man City for wealth when this is all done.

The ethos will be completely different though. They’re buying the club for it to realise it’s potential and also for all the companies within the group to take a slice of the pie in providing said services.

It’s as strategic as Mike Ashley’s move but for very different reasons.

Thanks for the update Midhat.

Cool fake username. Very convincing.

I am from Sweden and new here and have a question. I turn 40 in August and I think my wife is planning a trip to Newcastle and watch a match (first PL ever) but If the takeover dont happen and Rafa leave will I be a traitor then in your opinion?

My one and only NUFC match that I've attended has been in the Ashley-owned, Alan Pardew-run phase. I even bought a Wonga shirt from the club shop! I'm a heathen, no doubt to be banished to live out eternity in N-O hell.

In all seriousness, don't worry about what others might think, especially if it's going to be your very first time visiting SJP. If I was a regular attendee / ST holder for decades, I'd have boycotted already, but if this is your first time ever, don't deny yourself that pleasure.

Edit: You can always start anti-Ashley chants for some street cred :)

Not in mine, not that that counts for much.

Another one :bs: :doh:

How are these posters the popular ones haha.

Brat Pack 4 Life.

Only if you and your Mrs turn up in matching Sports Direct shell suits

I was a bit worried at first as to how wealthy BZG were as that info is not readily available online. In fact anything you can find plays it down.

But looking into the structure of how it works, so you have the Sheikh as the glue who holds it together. The rest (all the other companies) follow his guidance. He’s a smart one.

Midhat Kidwai to me seems more like a Mike from Breaking Bad. Knows all the comings and goings and manages it. Knows his place in the organisation and makes sure all the companies involved tow the line. Heavily involved in the Human Resources side of things.

To put it into perspective, you literally could have a hundred or more companies the size of or bigger than Sports Direct and many more smaller ones who carry out specific services to compliment the bigger ones. We could quite potentially match Man City for wealth when this is all done.

The ethos will be completely different though. They’re buying the club for it to realise it’s potential and also for all the companies within the group to take a slice of the pie in providing said services.

Love you Odin keep posting the positives ie. reality please - the people against this happening I fully understand too

As a new member I would like to know who are my contemporaries on here or almost if that's ok.

I was born 1956 went to my first game on 16th November 1968 and a bullet header by Wyn Davies in the last minute saw us win 1-0

The crowd reaction and subsequent noise I will never forget the green turf laid out like a snooker table when all on tele was black and white = hook line ans sinker since then. Watched all of the home Fairs Cup games and thought I was watching the first of many trophies ... NUFC forum as Poz for many years until it closed. PM or reply as it still feels strange around here and to be honest a bit of a meltdown at the moment.

Only if you and your Mrs turn up in matching Sports Direct shell suits

That's very unlikely.

I havent followed that closely in recent days so forgive me but is any of that based on what we know or is it your idea about what's happening?

I mean "looking into the structure of how it works"? Where are you looking?