Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Yeah there's no way this isn't a scam.

I don't know like, I can easily believe he had success with SD because of the move to austerity shopping, and he doesn't have a clear strategy for all these acquisitions he's made.

All the stock he has inherited, although evidently not suitable for the market they flopped in, will probably be saleable in another part of the world. His association with the club gives him the global reach necessary to divest himself of those investments. And recoup a profit.

I don't know like, I can easily believe he had success with SD because of the move to austerity shopping, and he doesn't have a clear strategy for all these acquisitions he's made.

All the stock he has inherited, although evidently not suitable for the market they flopped in, will probably be saleable in another part of the world. His association with the club gives him the global reach necessary to divest himself of those investments. And recoup a profit.

Not at all convinced. He may be able to sell that stock I guess, but at way lower margins. And his association with NUFC is surely more toxic than beneficial at this point, and the club is becoming less and less well known around the world.

I mean, sure he'll be alright, but I don't think we can assume everything he does is a super smart move.

Not at all convinced. He may be able to sell that stock I guess, but at way lower margins. And his association with NUFC is surely more toxic than beneficial at this point, and the club is becoming less and less well known around the world.

I mean, sure he'll be alright, but I don't think we can assume everything he does is a super smart move.

"one man's shite is another man's treasure" isn't a particular super smart move, but it often works.

Wouldn't he have bought the shares by now then? They've been tanking for ages.

He's raised the profile of his biggest commercial partner in the past month. The returns on that won't be recognised, in terms of SD sales, until the season begins. No hurry.

There is also the uncertainty surrounding the accounts. I haven't got a clue but I would imagine that was bad for share prices.

I wish we knew what would get him to leave so I could root for that outcome. Is it another year or two in the PL to maximize the sale price? Or getting stuck in the Championship? Or crashing a division or two below that? Or is he here until he's dead?

I wish we knew what would get him to leave so I could root for that outcome. Is it another year or two in the PL to maximize the sale price? Or getting stuck in the Championship? Or crashing a division or two below that? Or is he here until he's dead?

His personal business interests are woven into the fabric of the club. I think the best we can hope for is that he maintains PL status for long enough to demonstrate to a prospective buyer that they can profit from the deal he is prepared to offer. Not good enough for me.

The results been postponed til 4 now.. something is a miss, he has had a few people quit from top jobs in shite direct over the past months and was also buying back shares.. so maybe he is going to take it private.

Hopefully he needs to raise £300 million to help his cause.

I cant believe people still hope for a takeover.

He has absolutely zero intentions of selling the club.

None whatsoever.

Only drastic supporter action will possibly get rid , so it will never ever happen because our supporters are fucking pathetic!

I don't think he's bought any since the IPO completed. SD themselves regularly buy shares back, which has the effect of increasing the % held by anyone not selling their shares back.