Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

These local journos especially Douglas have some kind of envy with us getting these potential new owenrs plus especially the Middle Eastern ones. Douglas seems adamant that there are other bidders in for us and is really wanting that his assertions would be true especially for his own selfish self.

These local journos especially Douglas have some kind of envy with us getting these potential new owenrs plus especially the Middle Eastern ones. Douglas seems adamant that there are other bidders in for us and is really wanting that his assertions would be true especially for his own selfish self.

Proper weird like isn't it, are they actually Newcastle fans or it just happens to be their job to report on us?

They seem desperate for it not to happen, cunts.

Proper weird like isn't it, are they actually Newcastle fans or it just happens to be their job to report on us?

They seem desperate for it not to happen, cunts.

Douglas supports Bradford

Edwards is Leyton Orient I think

Ryder, Caulkin are Newcastle

Guest godzilla

I genuinely do feel he actually does want to sell and this time he is getting what he wants cash wise. He's going to make a tidy profit out of it also.

I've always felt that him being a willing seller was utter BS though (stated purely to ease tensions with the fans)... even if he scooped 350M from the sale, that's nothing compared to the meagre funds he outlays on the club vs all the TV money, free SD advertising, player sales etc. over the long-term.

We've never been anything more than a SD advertising vehicle and a steady stream of proven income in his eyes.

I'm definitely not banking on anything until it's official like.

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish c*** that is).

I've been as cynical as anyone about this whole thing I'll admit, however at least it would appear as if we have a willing buyer. Although we've been here before and it hasn't come to anything. I really want this to be different but I still can't believe until it's official either.

Rafa and new owners who aren't a disaster is still a dream to me.

It's way far more advanced than where we have been before. Staveley or Kenyon were not in this position as they either couldn't agree a fee/raise the necessary funds. Not a chance he would lower the price as he is a businessman. Still maintain he is a willing seller and looking to use the money to invest in his actual dedicated expertise. Time will tell though (but it's happening  :snod:)

Err, I'm pretty sure Staveley's camp believed they had agreed a fee and were doing the deal 100% (we had well respected posters on here with good sources saying it's as good as done).

I really hope he is finally a willing seller.

She obviously didn't have the funds then to process it through if that was the case as I said. Ashley was s*** hot fast to come out and call her a time waster. Not heard a peep so far!

You're just taking Ashley's word at face value as the gospel truth now like?  :lol:

She made 3 bids iirc. The 2 above £300m were in instalments and had relegation clauses (which was a very real risk at the time), then one for £250m, no clauses but £100m under his evaluation.

So he didn't have a deal which he was prepared to accept thank you.

Guest godzilla

I genuinely do feel he actually does want to sell and this time he is getting what he wants cash wise. He's going to make a tidy profit out of it also.

I've always felt that him being a willing seller was utter BS though (stated purely to ease tensions with the fans)... even if he scooped 350M from the sale, that's nothing compared to the meagre funds he outlays on the club vs all the TV money, free SD advertising, player sales etc. over the long-term.

We've never been anything more than a SD advertising vehicle and a steady stream of proven income in his eyes.

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish c*** that is).

I've been as cynical as anyone about this whole thing I'll admit, however at least it would appear as if we have a willing buyer. Although we've been here before and it hasn't come to anything. I really want this to be different but I still can't believe until it's official either.

It's way far more advanced than where we have been before. Staveley or Kenyon were not in this position as they either couldn't agree a fee/raise the necessary funds. Not a chance he would lower the price as he is a businessman. Still maintain he is a willing seller and looking to use the money to invest in his actual dedicated expertise. Time will tell though (but it's happening  :snod:)

Err, I'm pretty sure Staveley's camp believed they had agreed a fee and were doing the deal 100% (we had well respected posters on here with good sources saying it's as good as done).

She obviously didn't have the funds then to process it through if that was the case as I said. Ashley was s*** hot fast to come out and call her a time waster. Not heard a peep so far!

You're just taking Ashley's word at face value as the gospel truth now like?  :lol:

I don't get believing Ashley over anyone really, especially not over any takeover that's for sure.

It's got nothing to do with believing Ashley. The other two bids were not acceptable to him for whatever means and this one looks like it is.

They seem desperate for it not to happen, c***s.

Douglas supports Bradford

Edwards is Leyton Orient I think

Ryder, Caulkin are Newcastle

Aye, i didn't mean Caulkin.

I don't get believing Ashley over anyone really, especially not over any takeover that's for sure.

It's got nothing to do with believing Ashley. The other two bids were not acceptable to him for whatever means and this one looks like it is.

I think it's more the fact the term time waster is being used in regard to Staveley, she certainly didn't seem to be that. If he said that i will find that bollocks seeing he said it, when she bid we were in danger of relegation so a fair price in 3 guises was offered imo.

But you are correct, he'll only sell when he's offered a price he finds acceptable, as is his right sadly for us.

Guest godzilla

I think it's more the fact the term time waster is being used in regard to Staveley, she certainly didn't seem to be that. If he said that i will find that bollocks seeing he said it, when she bid we were in danger of relegation so a fair price in 3 guises was offered imo.

But you are correct, he'll only sell when he's offered a price he finds acceptable, as is his right sadly for us.

O0 Ashley was never going to sell until his valuation was met. And it looks like he has got his valuation this time so he would say he was right to stick it out. He's never give a fuck about what price we think is fair or not.

O0 Ashley was never going to sell until his valuation was met. And it looks like he has got his valuation this time so he would say he was right to stick it out. He's never give a fuck about what price we think is fair or not.

Aye we can only hope this time it's different and finally be rid of his poisonous tenure.

If there's anything going to happen soon it'll be early next week

The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line June 10th, 2019. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Skynet fights back.

Guest The Little Waster

The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line June 10th, 2019. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Skynet fights back.

Does this affect Sky Sports News ?

Every day needs a theme to keep the thread going. May I take inspiration from the above and suggest apocalyptic events that may happen before the takeover happens...

Guest Open_C

Skynet fights back.

:lol:

I always had this vision of a deleted scene featuring an archetype overweight programmer, like that dude off Jurassic Park, sitting in front of a computer going red and frantically pressing escape and control-z

Guest The Little Waster

It might be that ash is on the verge of retiring  and cashing in his assets hence selling his warehouse for around £120m.  When added to £350m that makes a tidy lump sum for retirement.

Greedy bastards never retire

I’m not so sure. He’s been on holidays for extended periods over the last few years. This year has not been a good one for him with either SD, HoF or Debenhams. If he cash out with close to a billion, why is it far fetched to think he might be done?

Jumped on the metro as usual but ended up heading into town the long way round due to a delay. Pulled up at Howdon and as I looked out of the window I noticed two magpies.  Im sure one of them winked at me and nodded. It had that look on its face "divvnt worry bonny lad, its happening" as it nodded.

Jumped on the metro as usual but ended up heading into town the long way round due to a delay. Pulled up at Howdon and as I looked out of the window I noticed two magpies.  Im sure one of them winked at me and nodded. It had that look on its face "divvnt worry bonny lad, its happening" as it nodded.

:lol: :lol:

Blatant lie. Everyone knows the Metro delay would mean you’ll spend 2 hours waiting for a bus replacement service.