Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

We know there's a highly-interested party. Caulkin says the 250k has already been paid. Can we just let them get on with it?

How does that change anything if he doesn't want to sell? At least not without keeping the advertising rights which I can't see any self respecting buyer agreeing to.

So that leaves Kenyone with his begging bowl out for a whip round.

Look, the "he doesn't want to sell", PR campaign thing just isnt plausible anymore. He might be ambivalent about selling but it's on the cards and something he would seriously consider.

The issue is his ego. He wants to "win", in some way.

I think Newcastle is just part of his empire and his couldn't take the hit to his vanity if he sold it and it was successful, hence the stories of him keeping a 10% stake and the 6 year advertising deal, only a sustained protest that led to him losing money would get him out but Newcastle have to many supporters that are quite content to get in for nowt and watch some of the worst football ever to grace that slanty pitch

We know there's a highly-interested party. Caulkin says the 250k has already been paid. Can we just let them get on with it?

How does that change anything if he doesn't want to sell? At least not without keeping the advertising rights which I can't see any self respecting buyer agreeing to.

Look, the "he doesn't want to sell", PR campaign thing just isnt plausible anymore. He might be ambivalent about selling but it's on the cards and something he would seriously consider.

Eh? What actual evidence have you got for him wanting to sell? It’s been over 10 years on the market ffs

It's also that he doesn't really want to sell.

Everything in the world is for sale at the right price. That doesn't mean everything is for sale, or that the owners want to sell. Theres a difference.

You fell for the last fakeover, why would you not be more sceptical after that?

Interesting that Caulkin has tweeted that the BZG story was bollocks from the start, but this one is not.

BZG was clearly bollocks from the start.

That loon on WhatsApp. Those vague statements that led some fools to believe they had signed a sales and purchase agreement. The way the story broke as "NUFC have been sold!!" when they hadn't been. The love letter to Mike to end it all. It was comedy gold.  :lol:

That just translates as not really wanting to sell to me. The fact that we haven't been sold despite there being many interested parties in the last decade would tend to back uo my view rather than yours. Until I see the the Sports Direct signs coming down I am just going to assume he will hang on for dear life like a fat leech.

That just translates as not really wanting to sell to me. The fact that we haven't been sold despite there being many interested parties in the last decade would tend to back uo my view rather than yours. Until I see the the Sports Direct signs coming down I am just going to assume he will hang on for dear life like a fat leech.

:lol: it's a mental argument isn't it like.

:lol: it's a mental argument isn't it like.

I'm just surprised anyone would even give him the benefit of the doubt any more.

Interesting that Caulkin has tweeted that the BZG story was bollocks from the start, but this one is not.

That loon on WhatsApp. Those vague statements that led some fools to believe they had signed a sales and purchase agreement. The way the story broke as "NUFC have been sold!!" when they hadn't been. The love letter to Mike to end it all. It was comedy gold.  :lol:

Initially we all fell for it though

Not everyone did. A few got pelters on here for being pessimistic.

Even when it didn't happen people were saying only conspiracy theorists and nut jobs would believe it was complete bollocks, most preferring to believe it was all real but they just couldn't agree to what Ashley wanted.

Now Caulkin has confirmed it was all bullshit from the start. As a blind man should have been able to tell.

You clearly enjoy letting everyone know how clever you are, so I'll just go back on that SPA comment- which was in a comment from me (although I can't find it). There was discussion about what a 'deal' could have meant (given the initial report was out of the blue claiming it was all done and only awaiting PL verification- and clearly the journo who vouched for his story was sold entirely duff info). I was trying to make some sense of the story and have brought it up on several occasions like I was claiming some kind of ITK knowledge. So are you calling me a fool?

Even when it didn't happen people were saying only conspiracy theorists and nut jobs would believe it was complete bollocks, most preferring to believe it was all real but they just couldn't agree to what Ashley wanted.

Now Caulkin has confirmed it was all bullshit from the start. As a blind man should have been able to tell.

Not really interested in discussing this, but I disagree. BZG released a statement and the club pretty much confirmed it, If I remember correctly.

He said he understands that it's been paid. Ever such a subtle difference but it's evidence again that no one knows anything for certain.

Not really interested in discussing this, but I disagree. BZG released a statement and the club pretty much confirmed it, If I remember correctly.

:lol:

BZG who aren't reputable clearly.

And the club. Who as far back as 2009 "admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United."

Aye, it always seemed like the logical thing to do was believe it.  :lol:

I live in the belief this club will be sold this time. Much more fun thinking about a potential takeover than watching a clueless Steve Bruce trying to make us play football. I’m not expecting it to be sold though  :lol:

It’s not a fakeover. Confirmed (or understood) both by George Caulkin and Sky Sports due diligence is completed and that this takeover is at an advanced stage. A fee of £250k has been paid. The price is not an issue. Evidence of proof of funds. Some details left. Mike Ashley back in the country. No denial from Amanda Staveley, Mike Ashley, Saudi Arabia or the Reuben brothers. Mike Ashley will never get a better opportunity to sell the club and he knows it. But it’s up to him now.

SweMag the new Odin? :lol:

God no  :lol:  I don’t do Photoshop.

I basically don’t believe the takeover will happend but I do believe George Caulkin and I do believe the £250k fee has been paid etc.

I really wouldn’t believe anything Sky Sports says so try not to take that as corroboration of other sources.

Thanks for your input LV. And I don’t.

Has there been any actual proof that the saudi bid has failed?

Or is it just speculation as usuall?

Has there been any actual proof of anything?

If nothing of this was true, sure there would have been a denial from anyone of thoose said to be involved.

I think it's either Ashley not wanting to sell or work still in progress.

If the saudi prince rather would by man utd, why bid for NUFC.