Copa America 2019

Probably would be better off having wor Federico Fernandez in the back line to keep it simple and actually play as a proper CB. Give Dybala and Messi pure freedom to wreck the opposition and have Aguero or Icardi as the main focal point striker. Get 2 holding guys who will break up play and press and then add some pace in another attacking midfielder who will play as a 10/box to box and you have a team.

Forgot Fernandez was Argentinian, he'd probably be an improvement actually which is quite grim :lol:

Probably would be better off having wor Federico Fernandez in the back line to keep it simple and actually play as a proper CB. Give Dybala and Messi pure freedom to wreck the opposition and have Aguero or Icardi as the main focal point striker. Get 2 holding guys who will break up play and press and then add some pace in another attacking midfielder who will play as a 10/box to box and you have a team.

Its a lot easier said than done like. Dybala and Messi can't just wreck the opposition, they'd probably just be getting in each other's way against a team defending really deep and packing the midfield which is how teams generally play against Argentina. I've watched the vast majority of competitive Argentina games for the last few years and I don't think people understand how defensive teams play against them. Teams pack the midfield and they don't have the width to punish that. Instead what they do, and it happened loads of times the other night is that they pass it around for a while, get frustrated, then try a one two/dribble into a congested area, then usually lose it and the other team has loads of space for the counter because all of Argentina's midfielders bar Paredes are out of position. This is why I'd always start Di Maria as frustrating as he is as he stays wide and actually gives another option

Also I don't think those 2 holding players you talk about exist in Argentina, unless we're talking about getting completely garbage players in :lol:

Forgot Fernandez was Argentinian, he'd probably be an improvement actually which is quite grim :lol:

Its a lot easier said than done like. Dybala and Messi can't just wreck the opposition, they'd probably just be getting in each other's way against a team defending really deep and packing the midfield which is how teams generally play against Argentina. I've watched the vast majority of competitive Argentina games for the last few years and I don't think people understand how defensive teams play against them. Teams pack the midfield and they don't have the width to punish that. Instead what they do, and it happened loads of times the other night is that they pass it around for a while, get frustrated, then try a one two/dribble into a congested area, then usually lose it and the other team has loads of space for the counter because all of Argentina's midfielders bar Paredes are out of position. This is why I'd always start Di Maria as frustrating as he is as he stays wide and actually gives another option

Also I don't think those 2 holding players you talk about exist in Argentina, unless we're talking about getting completely garbage players in :lol:

Aye far better analysis than mine; mine was the simple shit based off simples. But i hear you man. Surely there is a clogger holding CM that can get a job done for them lmao.

Aye far better analysis than mine; mine was the simple shit based off simples. But i hear you man. Surely there is a clogger holding CM that can get a job done for them lmao.

You would think so alright. Mascherano has been a massive loss in that role, even Biglia who I think used to get quite a bit of stick would at least stay in position

Midfield and full backs will forever be the issue. Compounds everything and then you add shit manager after shit manager. And the cherry on top is a macho culture where running around like a tosser with no discipline on top.