Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Out of interest, for those still attending, if the football club aren't interested in winning trophies or qualifying for Europe and the only goal is to  do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the league, what's the point? Surely hope, optimism and entertainment are core values that drive attendance, you're getting none of those due the self imposed limitations on the team.

And there we go...

You don't support a football club because of how good or bad it is, or if it qualifies for Europe or even attempts too for that matter.  You support a football club, because its YOUR football club, not because you have a good team or not.

To say 'What's what's the point?'

I'm sorry but you sound entitled and deluded.

Should the majority of fans in the country just stop going then?

this isn't the f***ing point and you must know this, we've all stuck with the club through everything but we have a person in charge who not only isn't trying to make the club the best it can be (your club you say) but is actively impeding it's progress deliberately man

we've been s*** for the vast majority of all of our lives, this isn't about that

He's just said if we arent competing for trophies or Europe then what's the point?

If that's the ideology, then that's not sticking through the club through thick and thin, that's just not turning up before because we're shit

Out of interest, for those still attending, if the football club aren't interested in winning trophies or qualifying for Europe and the only goal is to  do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the league, what's the point? Surely hope, optimism and entertainment are core values that drive attendance, you're getting none of those due the self imposed limitations on the team.

And there we go...

You don't support a football club because of how good or bad it is, or if it qualifies for Europe or even attempts too for that matter.  You support a football club, because its YOUR football club, not because you have a good team or not.

It's not my football club anymore. When it was my club, whether the team was good, bad or indifferent I used to attend because of the hope and excitement of not knowing where the club was going. We could be in league one and I'd have attended because we were striving for something.

It's now Mike Ashley's club, where it doesn't matter, we simply exists as a service to him. There is no optimism or excitement because we're not even trying. We deliberately do as little as we possibly can to stay in the league to provide our owner with funds.

Is it e entitled or deluded to want a club that attempts to improve and better itself as a opposed to capitalist entity that exists to make cash for its owner? Are you satisfied with that state of affairs?

Its not entitled or deluded to want a club that improve and better itself no. Every fanbase in the country wants that.

But it is entitled and deluded to say that if a club isnt trying to compete for trophies and Europe and that the aim in to stay up then there's no point. Ofcourse there's a point, or no f***er in the country would go to games

But big picture, those clubs will be trying to kick on and improve. We're actively doing the opposite.

Also seeing as you insist on using the trophy/Europe comment as a straw man, the club said they aren't interested in these. Not that they couldn't achieve them at this point in time, or we were years off or it was flat out unrealistic, but that they sinply aren't interested in even putting a club in a position where one day it was a possibility.  It's endemic of a club that's handicapped itself for the sole purpose of making cash for its owner.

Do they? How do you know exactly? Huddersfield for a example, we got promoted with, now in the championship, did they try and kick on and improve?

Huddersfield tried and failed, they were always going to struggle due to their ability to attract players and their financial restrictions, which unlike ours, weren't self imposed.

Huddersfield for a example, we got promoted with, now in the championship, did they try and kick on and improve?

yes, they tried and they failed...it's happens, but they certainly spent money and tried, changed the manager and tried

I think we've pretty much spent the same as Huddersfield haven't we? Including the championship, we will have spent more

And there we go...

Time and time again you're confusing staying away due to a perceived lack of ambition with staying away due to not being very good at football. The majority of fans around the country support teams whose owners have the clubs best interests at heart and want to be the best they can be. There's the odd exception of course. I'm envious of clubs with gates of 2000 or so because they can wholeheartedly back their team knowing the whole club is striving for SOMETHING, even it it may not be achieved.

And there we go...

this isn't the f***ing point and you must know this, we've all stuck with the club through everything but we have a person in charge who not only isn't trying to make the club the best it can be (your club you say) but is actively impeding it's progress deliberately man

we've been s*** for the vast majority of all of our lives, this isn't about that

He's just said if we arent competing for trophies or Europe then what's the point?

If that's the ideology, then that's not sticking through the club through thick and thin, that's just not turning up before because we're shit

he said interested in, which to me denotes a period of sustained improvement towards a sporting goal, everything every other club in the division is doing but us

And there we go...

Can you name another club in the country actively not trying? Are any of them the 20th richest club in the world?

Please tell me you understand that people are staying away because we're not trying, not because we're a bit s***?

We'll apparently if you aren't challenging for Europe or trophies and you're only aim is to stay up, then what's the point?

Thats half the league that man, can you not see how entitled that sounds? We have no right to be challenging

Name me another club, even in this league, actively trying to NOT compete?

Brighton

Outspend us. Much smaller club, not in the top 20 richest clubs in the world. Never been on record as not wanting to compete.

So basically you claim that they're not trying to compete because they don't win that many matches? I'm done with you, enjoy booing the forin lads at matches.

Do they outspend us? 🤔

In the last 4 seasons we've out spent them actually.

Why would I boo 'forin' lads? Strange thing to sat

And there we go...

Can you name another club in the country actively not trying? Are any of them the 20th richest club in the world?

Please tell me you understand that people are staying away because we're not trying, not because we're a bit s***?

We'll apparently if you aren't challenging for Europe or trophies and you're only aim is to stay up, then what's the point?

Thats half the league that man, can you not see how entitled that sounds? We have no right to be challenging

Brighton

Outspend us. Much smaller club, not in the top 20 richest clubs in the world. Never been on record as not wanting to compete.

So basically you claim that they're not trying to compete because they don't win that many matches? I'm done with you, enjoy booing the forin lads at matches.

Do they outspend us? 🤔

In the last 5 years they've spent £169.25m. We've spent £60.36m

So yeah, they outspend us.

You could have said "Burnley" as they have a very similar spend to us, but they got into Europe etc etc....

Maybe you could use Norwich and Sheff United as examples this year though. You know, similar clubs to us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you getting your figures from? :lol:

We spent nearly 60m in one season in the championship for f*** sake, are you for real? :lol:

Never heard of net-spend?

Newcastle United

19/20 £32.08m

18/19 £-10.59m

17/18 £-22.30m

16/17 £33.41m

15/16 £-92.95m

TOTAL £-60.36m

Brighton & Hove Albion

19/20 £-21.51m

18/19 £-67.46m

17/18 £-60.30m

16/17 £-7.88m

15/16 £-12.11m

TOTAL £-169.25m

But wait, that must mean they're spending money they don't really have (unless they use their match income, marketing, advertising, tv rights). Risky that.

What's funny then? You said Brighton actively try to not compete. I've showed you how much money they've spent TRYING to compete. Where's your argument?

So net-spend is the only thing that matters? :lol:

Look at the gross spend man, we are pretty similar

Fuck off man!!  We are "entitled and deluded" because we want a team that tries and not just settle for 17th place and fuck all else?!!!

Following that logic should every club in the premier league be "aiming" for 17th place then? 

Are Wolves 'entitled and deluded' for aiming to break in to the top 6?  Or Arsenal wanting get in to the top 4 again?

And there we go...

Brighton

Do they outspend us? 🤔

And there we go...

Brighton

Do they outspend us? 🤔

You could have said "Burnley" as they have a very similar spend to us, but they got into Europe etc etc....

Maybe you could use Norwich and Sheff United as examples this year though. You know, similar clubs to us.

We spent nearly 60m in one season in the championship for f*** sake, are you for real? :lol:

Newcastle United

19/20 £32.08m

18/19 £-10.59m

17/18 £-22.30m

16/17 £33.41m

15/16 £-92.95m

TOTAL £-60.36m

Brighton & Hove Albion

19/20 £-21.51m

18/19 £-67.46m

17/18 £-60.30m

16/17 £-7.88m

15/16 £-12.11m

TOTAL £-169.25m

But wait, that must mean they're spending money they don't really have (unless they use their match income, marketing, advertising, tv rights). Risky that.

What's funny then? You said Brighton actively try to not compete. I've showed you how much money they've spent TRYING to compete. Where's your argument?

Nope, you're missing the point. You're claiming they are ACTIVELY TRYING TO NOT COMPETE. The figures show that they're actually attempting something in the transfer market to compete, going above their own means (because they don't have better players to sell to bigger clubs, like we've been doing).

This is not a conversation about whether we spend enough btw, it was used as an example to refute your ridiculous notion that Brighton (as if they're comparable to us) are REFUSING to compete.

And there we go...

Brighton

Do they outspend us? 🤔

And there we go...

Brighton

Do they outspend us? 🤔

Newcastle United

19/20 £32.08m

18/19 £-10.59m

17/18 £-22.30m

16/17 £33.41m

15/16 £-92.95m

TOTAL £-60.36m

Brighton & Hove Albion

19/20 £-21.51m

18/19 £-67.46m

17/18 £-60.30m

16/17 £-7.88m

15/16 £-12.11m

TOTAL £-169.25m

Hooray, we of the 52,000 full stadium are pretty similar to Brighton who get just over half of that . Fuckin' geddin'

Fuck off man!!  We are "entitled and deluded" because we want a team that tries and not just settle for 17th place and fuck all else?!!!

Following that logic should every club in the premier league be "aiming" for 17th place then? 

Are Wolves 'entitled and deluded' for aiming to break in to the top 6?  Or Arsenal wanting get in to the top 4 again?

We're a yo-yo nothing club. Seymour is happy with that. Fuck him.

And there we go...

Time and time again you're confusing staying away due to a perceived lack of ambition with staying away due to not being very good at football. The majority of fans around the country support teams whose owners have the clubs best interests at heart and want to be the best they can be. There's the odd exception of course. I'm envious of clubs with gates of 2000 or so because they can wholeheartedly back their team knowing the whole club is striving for SOMETHING, even it it may not be achieved.

So you only support a club because of ambition then? There's plenty of clubs with no ambition out there. The owners (just like ours) may come out with 'we want to win a trophy' 'want to get promoted' etc but a lot off is just bollocks to be honest

We aren't the only club with a lack of ambition, there's clubs in worse states than us.

Having that said just because other clubs are in worse states doesn't mean we can't be annoyed with how the club is being run

Seymour[/member] it's clear that you are a passionate fan. I totally get your point about supporting the team, many of the people who comment advising not to go to the match have never had a season ticket so it's very easy for them to cast judgement with nothing to 'give in/up'. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of Ashley or at least pile more pressure is for people like you to stop attending. If you do not take part in the boycott vs Arsenal then you have really given up on the team, you are not supporting the team you are supporting Ashley.

If you want to go to the games then so be it but at least join in with protests and boycotts.

And there we go...

So you only support a club because of ambition then? There's plenty of clubs with no ambition out there. The owners (just like ours) may come out with 'we want to win a trophy' 'want to get promoted' etc but a lot off is just bollocks to be honest

We aren't the only club with a lack of ambition, there's clubs in worse states than us.

Having that said just because other clubs are in worse states doesn't mean we can't be annoyed with how the club is being run

Phew, thank fuck we're not Bolton, or Blackpool, or Fleetwood.

Seymour[/member] it's clear that you are a passionate fan. I totally get your point about supporting the team, many of the people who comment advising not to go to the match have never had a season ticket so it's very easy for them to cast judgement with nothing to 'give in/up'. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of Ashley or at least pile more pressure is for people like you to stop attending. If you do not take part in the boycott vs Arsenal then you have really given up on the team, you are not supporting the team you are supporting Ashley.

If you want to go to the games then so be it but at least join in with protests and boycotts.

But if he boycotts there will be less people to cheer when we win a throw-in, which means we'll lose and be relegated. Support the fucking team!

But if he boycotts there will be less people to cheer when we win a throw-in, which means we'll lose and be relegated. Support the fucking team!

:lol:

Wish we were Blackpool, they're rid of their poison. By boycotting funnily enough. The fans made the club a complete money sink and the debts are what eventually forced out Oyston.

And there we go...

What were your thought on the Blackpool fans boycott' against Oyston or Blackburn fans ongoing boycott against the Venkeys? They must be deluded for wanting better for their club?

What frustrates me most about this schism between the fans is that those that keep going see themselves as the true fans who are willing to keep going because they care for THEIR club. It’s not about being successful it’s about supporting your club through thick and thin. I disagree with that totally.

And this is where I and it looks like the majority of people on this thread are completely different then.

I'm sorry but you sound completely deluded.

You don't support a football cub because it's successful or not! Why do you think that fans all over the country go to games, they don't have success, they support their football because they love it.

This is why we get called deluded

You missed my point, which was if you love the club you want what's best for it. I don't think you particularly care as long as you can keep going to the games.

What was the banner we made?

We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries.

A big difference there.

Palace are aiming for the top ten man, why are they so deluded?

Who said that, the owner?

I'm pretty sure Charnley said our target is top ten in the past? Ashley has come out in an interview and said the ambition is to win a trophy?

Now I actually do believe that Parish's aim for Palace will be getting into the top 10 this season... So probably not the best example for me to use but just because a club/owner comes out and says the aim is 'this and this' doesn't mean it actually is.

What frustrates me most about this schism between the fans is that those that keep going see themselves as the true fans who are willing to keep going because they care for THEIR club. It’s not about being successful it’s about supporting your club through thick and thin. I disagree with that totally.

And this is where I and it looks like the majority of people on this thread are completely different then.

You don't support a football cub because it's successful or not! Why do you think that fans all over the country go to games, they don't have success, they support their football because they love it.

You missed my point, which was if you love the club you want what's best for it. I don't think you particularly care as long as you can keep going to the games.

A big difference there.

This.

A big difference there.

And apparently what's best for it, is just to boycott it, stop supporting it and for some fans actively wish it loses football games...

Thats not what supporting your club is about. I want my club to be successful ofcourse but sometimes you have to live in the real world, not every football club is successful