Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Absolutely loving steve bruce as manager , i love him like a no2 who gets  a chance because the manager gets sacked. A little bounce and a players fanfare , we will be lucky to scrape 15th this season.

I cant wait for next season when the crowds are down to 30k? Free season tickets for everyone?its coming folks  its coming......a

Absolutely loving steve bruce as manager , i love him like a no2 who gets  a chance because the manager gets sacked. A little bounce and a players fanfare , we will be lucky to scrape 15th this season.

I cant wait for next season when the crowds are down to 30k? Free season tickets for everyone?its coming folks  its coming......a

Knacker

Had a look in WyScout, one of the most well-renowned and used statistical tools among clubs.

Our "expected points" is 16.9, we're 19th in that table with only Aston Villa behind us on 16.4. It's the impression put into numbers: We've picked up results without playing well, had Dubravka save us again and again, and it speaks volumes. Bruce has very little to do with us doing well, and we aren't doing very well at all, we're just picking up results that we generally don't deserve.

Had a look in WyScout, one of the most well-renowned and used statistical tools among clubs.

Our "expected points" is 16.9, we're 19th in that table with only Aston Villa behind us on 16.4. It's the impression put into numbers: We've picked up results without playing well, had Dubravka save us again and again, and it speaks volumes. Bruce has very little to do with us doing well, and we aren't doing very well at all, we're just picking up results that we generally don't deserve.

Which is exactly what happened with Pardew in the 5th season.  Some of us were saying then that it's unsustainable, that the football was shite and we couldn't keep riding our luck.  It'll come back and bite us in the arse, you can't have a team relying on their fucking defenders to score the goals and expect to be able to hold that up over the long term.

Yep, we've been lucky as fuck. We've faced teams severely depleted (Man Utd), other teams that just didn't bother turning up (Spurs, West Ham) and fluked a couple of 1-0s that should have gone the other way (and even the 2-0 at Sheffield United according to some, I haven't even seen highlights so can't say for myself). We've not been fucked by refereeing decisions either for the first season in god knows how long.

If the perfect storm keeps up, this form can continue. Otherwise there could be a huge drop off, especially if injuries/tiredness hits at the same time as our luck turns.

Yep, we've been lucky as fuck. We've faced teams severely depleted (Man Utd), other teams that just didn't bother turning up (Spurs, West Ham) and fluked a couple of 1-0s that should have gone the other way (and even the 2-0 at Sheffield United according to some, I haven't even seen highlights so can't say for myself). We've not been fucked by refereeing decisions either for the first season in god knows how long.

If the perfect storm keeps up, this form can continue. Otherwise there could be a huge drop off, especially if injuries/tiredness hits at the same time as our luck turns.

We've had some luck for sure, but we were excellent against West Ham for 60 mins. Easily could have been 5-0 after 60 mins.

Spurs was a really good performance, we've shown strong character to come from behind and pick up 8 points against Watford, Bournemouth, City, and Southampton.

If we were just "lucky" no chance we'd be on 25 points after 18 games.

I’m getting a public hanging on Twitter for this tweet about local hero Brucie :laugh:

Out of interest, what do you want to achieve by putting out something like that?

Are you genuinely aiming to highlight that we've been 'lucky', or do you just get a buzz out of the backlash it causes?

The Sheffield result and performance if Rafa was in charge would have been hailed as a masterclass, you didn’t watch it .Yep he’s had all the luck eh? Every result the team never deserved, yet it pains you that we sit 9th, it’s fucking killing you  :azn:

I’m getting a public hanging on Twitter for this tweet about local hero Brucie :laugh:

Out of interest, what do you want to achieve by putting out something like that?

Are you genuinely aiming to highlight that we've been 'lucky', or do you just get a buzz out of the backlash it causes?

Mainly because the media and local journalists seem totally oblivious to it.

The Sheffield result and performance if Rafa was in charge would have been hailed as a masterclass, you didn’t watch it .Yep he’s had all the luck eh? Every result the team never deserved, yet it pains you that we sit 9th, it’s fucking killing you  :azn:

I shudder to think what Sean would be posting if we were sitting on 16 points.

Fair enough.

We're basically a smash and grab team under Bruce.

We were under Rafa as well tbf, but there was always the impression that he was trying to refine us and gradually get us playing more fluid football.

With Bruce you get the feeling there's nothing else, he's just going to ride the wave of Rafa's defensive organisation for as long as he can.