Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Awful league this season, even Liverpool and Man City are not exactly firing on all cylinders. Again I can see Bruce dragging Mike’s club down into a relegation fight after Xmas. Fingers crossed anyway.

P17, W16, D1, L0, 49 points from 51? ???

I get what HTT is saying. This season we are not a traditional Klopp gegenpressing blowing teams out of the water team.

We have become a weird hybrid of Klopp and Mourinho style. I mean we do play attractive football. But this version of LFC is more like, do enough to win each game. The CL victory has changed the mentality of this team. We have become more focused on winning stuff, play ugly and cynical if needed, than playing with style.

Seems like the team is far more focused as well. Also saving legs for a run in as well, no? Don’t want to lose gas when you need to be sharp across so many competitions.

And we're back to the usual bullshit of the Pardew days. Micah Richards; "they're playing good football". Football people just saying things, unquestioned,  with no bearing on reality.

:lol: Looking at years of this. Fucking AGAIN.

And we're back to the usual bullshit of the Pardew days. Micah Richards; "they're playing good football". Football people just saying things, unquestioned,  with no bearing on reality.

SGE said that Micah Richards was the thickest player he had ever managed. He said that he couldn't even follow the most simple instructions that even a 2 year old could manage. But yeah, overall the "experts" are shit :thup:

SGE said that Micah Richards was the thickest player he had ever managed. He said that he couldn't even follow the most simple instructions that even a 2 year old could manage.

He probably loved Bruce when he was at Villa.

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful league this season, even Liverpool and Man City are not exactly firing on all cylinders. Again I can see Bruce dragging Mike’s club down into a relegation fight after Xmas. Fingers crossed anyway.

I get what HTT is saying. This season we are not a traditional Klopp gegenpressing blowing teams out of the water team.

We have become a weird hybrid of Klopp and Mourinho style. I mean we do play attractive football. But this version of LFC is more like, do enough to win each game. The CL victory has changed the mentality of this team. We have become more focused on winning stuff, play ugly and cynical if needed, than playing with style.

:thup:

Seems like the team is far more focused as well. Also saving legs for a run in as well, no? Don’t want to lose gas when you need to be sharp across so many competitions.

That definitely could be one more aspect of the game plan.

That would’ve been one the best hat tricks I’ve ever seen if De Bruyne didn’t hit the post.

Got match of the day on live pause after avoiding results for the day, pop into the Bruce thread see what’s happening, ruined nice work Ian 😀

Wrong thread as well :lol:

Soz.

No prob, would of been a class hat trick.

Surely Brucies results are going to start to drop off soon, defenders scoring, keeper having blinders, opposition missing sitters, picking up injuries, think by the time the new year rolls around we going to be right back in the relegation mix.

This method isn’t sustainable

:lol: apart from the fact there’s zero chance he ever watched him before, he’s literally saying nothing here. It’s such a comedown hearing Rafa talk tactics then reading this shit

The absolute deepest he delves into his tactical mind is "he drifted in and out a little bit." What fantastic insight!

Bruces teams are not about discipline, organisation or tactics. It's defend deep in numbers,  getting bodies in the way hoping to get a lucky breakaway to the half way line, get a foul and a free kick. That gives them the chance to get a few forward and hope for a lucky goal.  Without Almiron and ASM we don't have anyone to run with it from their own penalty box so we hoof it.  Of course we do have the masterclass when our substitutions are made

Guest reefatoon

Do we really need a vote on this? Does anyone actually believe that Bruce sets up better football?

There really is no hope.....

1 person does by that poll.

Guest neesy111

Do we really need a vote on this? Does anyone actually believe that Bruce sets up better football?

I know a few.

1 person does by that poll.

There's only one person voted on there so that's a 100% endorsement for Bruce.

:lol:

I've long given up on a lot of the fanbase, I feel vindicated when I see things like that poll, not the nugget that's voted, the the fact that it actually exists.

Better for my sanity to just take a deep breath and let them get on with it.