Joelinton

Stifler

Craig Hope man, why the fuck was he handed such a surname, ironic, being the most pessimistic numpty in the area. 

Mind, they're all very similar, Edwards, Hope, occasionally Ryder.

Just don't get them. 

Caulkin was riding a wave of popularity around the time leading up to the takeover and then after seemed to just step back but in hindsight it was clever, he’s one of the few who have never pissed off the fan base and just stuck to reporting on verified info and not getting clicks by spreading doom or horse shite.

As The Athletic are behind a paywall, I don’t think he has as much pressure on him to generate clicks.

The others are a bunch of charlatans.

7 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Unless he is asking for something daft like 150 -200 grand a week we should pay him what he wants , big clubs play the best players what they are worth to keep them when they are at their peak . You very rarely see them let one of their best players go at their peak due to not matching the wages they are asking for .

150-200k a week would be nothing special at our rivals for the CL spots, especially for a core player like him. We can't be paying our players pennies forever, they'll know what similar players get at other similar clubs.

Edited by Pata

2 hours ago, Pata said:

150-200k a week would be nothing special at our rivals for the CL spots, especially for a core player like him. We can't be paying our players pennies forever, they'll know what similar players get at other similar clubs.

He’s not worth that amount tbf

5 hours ago, TRC said:

The amount the players get and the amount in the accounts will be slightly different as the accounts amount will include employers NI and pension costs

IIRC employers NI is 13.8%, so 94k in the books is about 82k for the player.

If Joelinton is on 85k he is paid more than the average currently.

But I guess this next contract is his max earnings years so he’ll go all in. I think he’s more valuable to Nufc than to anyone else though so he’ll get his best offer staying put

One of our best players, Brazilian international in his peak years. Of course he's looking for an improved contract. Think he'll eventually sign a contract which is slightly below what our highest earners are on, which seems fair.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s not worth that amount tbf

I think he's not far off , I have a mate who is a Liverpool fan and he says he would be perfect for them with all the pressing and running he does, along with his strength and physicality .

Edited by Geogaddi

I love JL’s attitude and physicality. I think he lacks a degree of finesse in midfield. His progressive passes stats are pretty low. He’s more of a runner than passer. He’s scoring stats are good but assists are low.

I think Ederson is an upgrade tbh.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What message does it give the rest of them if we're not willing to negotiate a deal that works for both Joelinton and the club?

Who said we aren’t willing to negotiate a fair deal?

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh Longstaff. Easily. 

Yup. Think Miley and Anderson playing the same position and showing promise this season makes Longstaff really expendable, especially as they are both also club home grown prospects.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

I think he's not far off , I have a mate who is a Liverpool fan and he says he would be perfect for them with all the pressing and running he does, along with his strength and physicality .

I think they’d have a different view if he was playing for them.  He’s a hard player not to love, but the real razor sharp edge of quality isn’t quite there.  He’s not a Liverpool-level player.  He’s important for us at the moment though, so hopefully a new deal which is good for both parties will get signed - and if not, we’ll need to sell in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

I love JL’s attitude and physicality. I think he lacks a degree of finesse in midfield. His progressive passes stats are pretty low. He’s more of a runner than passer. He’s scoring stats are good but assists are low.

I think Ederson is an upgrade tbh.

I don't know anything about Ederson but agree with the shortage of assists. Other than that though he's so powerful and has surprisingly good touch and awareness for such a big man. He'd be a massive miss. I think he'll sign a new contract anyway on decent money but maybe not what his agent is pushing for.