Joelinton

Stifler

34 minutes ago, TRC said:

85k a week, our club average is 93k.

Not sure how much more he'll get elsewhere tbh, but I'm sure we'll offer him over 100k a week. While I would never want to lose him, he doesn't get enough goals and assists to command much more.

Fucking Hope doing a number on Big Joe here, he has been nothing but a proper adopted Geordie since the day he arrived, his agent is obviously negotiating the best deal for him with a long term deal.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Fucking Hope doing a number on Big Joe here, he has been nothing but a proper adopted Geordie since the day he arrived, his agent is obviously negotiating the best deal for him with a long term deal.

Ho’way man I hear this stuff all the time, but they’re professional footballers.  Being happy playing for a club or liking an area isn’t likely to cut it when it comes down to cold hard cash.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Ho’way man I hear this stuff all the time, but they’re professional footballers.  Being happy playing for a club or liking an area isn’t likely to cut it when it comes down to cold hard cash.

Henderson ? 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Still went for the money.  Didn’t like it, did an about-turn.  But ultimately he took it. 

Hope has done a number on you as well 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You maximise what you can get.

I love Joe, but genuine question: assuming you think we haven't got the best centre midfield in the world, which of our first team 5 (Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock) will need to make way for upgrades in the next 18 months? Because they're all of an age where they won't want to play the Ritchie/Manquillo role.

It's Longstaff first of all for me, by the way. But homegrown status plus value and desire to stay here might complicate that.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

I love Joe, but genuine question: assuming you think we haven't got the best centre midfield in the world, which of our first team 5 (Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock) will need to make way for upgrades in the next 18 months? Because they're all of an age where they won't want to play the Ritchie/Manquillo role.

It's Longstaff first of all for me, by the way. But homegrown status plus value and desire to stay here might complicate that.

The only one I don’t think we could sign a better direct replacement is Bruno.

He's my favourite player by far. I genuinely remember saying he's one of the worst CF's I'd ever seen, then he's been transformed in to this absolute beast. He seems like such a humble man, who has never complained. I hope he finishes his career here. I'm fucking bubbling, man. I just want him back!

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think there's an outside chance Willock could make it too. But yeah, I just think sometimes we climb too high up the tree when it comes to never wanting to lose various players of ours. I don't either, usually, but that would come at the expense of not having room to buy new players who can take us to higher levels, too.

I really don't want to lose him, but Joelinton going for £50 million would be about as beneficial as selling Isak for £100m, when it comes to FFP. And I'd say Isak would be much harder to replace, in terms of position and ability. So... These things can't be totally ruled out.

32 minutes ago, Ben said:

Hope has done a number on you as well 

Hardly.  I don’t think ‘he may have played his last game for the club’ is anything but ridiculous hyperbole.  But I also don’t think ‘he loves the club he’d never leave’ is how grown-ups think, either

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isak imo. A replacement for him who may be better would definitely cost north of £100m (the likes of Osimhen maybe) and those players aren't going to leave for a club not in Europe.

Guest reefatoon

Imagine following Craig Hopes version of Newcastle. The miserable cunt.

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Isak imo. A replacement for him who may be better would definitely cost north of £100m (the likes of Osimhen maybe) and those players aren't going to leave for a club not in Europe.

Aye I agree, the question was just about our midfield though.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Yeh Longstaff. Easily. 

I love Joe Willock, but the more the injury problems mount the more I wonder if the lad will ever manage to stay fit.  I wouldn’t contemplate letting him go if he can stay fit for most of the season, but if this continues then it might be a case of seeing if anyone will take the risk

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I love Joe Willock, but the more the injury problems mount the more I wonder if the lad will ever manage to stay fit.  I wouldn’t contemplate letting him go if he can stay fit for most of the season, but if this continues then it might be a case of seeing if anyone will take the risk

43 appearances last season

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Just have to cross our fingers that all this doesn't have a long term impact on his game. He was maturing so nicely in the second half of last season. If goals ala this season's at Old Trafford became a consistent part of his game, we'd have a hell of a talent on our hands.

53 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh Longstaff. Easily. 

To be honest I took the easy route by saying just him. Becomes more of a discussion on departure number 2.

Dependent on Willock's fitness, as said above, I think Joelinton would be next for me. I'm fantasizing as though nothing bad ever happened with Tonali there, mind.

Edited by 80