Joelinton

Stifler

4 hours ago, NG32 said:

I cant get my head round this. 

Plays in a top 7 prem team which finished 4th the season before. 

Plays international football for Brazil.

Something tells me he is more than just a "good" prem midfielder. 

An argument one could easily make in defence of Longstaff, Murphy, Miggy etc etc *

(*) obvs not the "Brazil" bit

I think he's become massively underrated personally, he's very positive, always looks to make use of his physicality to move into space, and sometimes he'll get caught out. He could absolutely play the Longstaff pass if he wanted to, it's just you would be losing out on his ability to turn defence to attack for the sake of making us more solid in possession.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think we can and will start to nake better use of him in attack too, the Schar/Trippier to Jer longball is deadly.

Joelinton’s ability to read those passes - and control it quickly - is excellent.  Though I’d argue he does this better when played further forward :) 

36 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I think we may be arguing on linguistics he's in the top left are of a left sided 3 person midfield a lot on that heat map that a winger wouldn't be a huge amount but didn't really matter what you call it. I totally agree he's not a deep lying midfield you may have in the old double pivot but he can do that, but you'd be right to say he's not best in class at that but when i say he's great in midfield that's not role i think of, it's in that advanced left side winning ball high up

I think we have been :) - this is what I’ve been trying to say (though admittedly not that well).