Joelinton

Stifler

10 minutes ago, Beren said:

Best case scenario this is all orchestrated with Joelinton's consent, and that they're seeking to stop other clubs marking up their players and charging NUFC a rich-owner premia whenever we are looking to buy players. 

Otherwise feels a bit Pardewy.

Totally disagree, loads of big clubs have public back and forths over contracts, Salah comes to mind.

Besides, there's no rules to what is and isn't "small time". Eddie can do what he wishes. 

Really struggle to see a landing spot for him where he will get 160k+ aside from Saudi. I think he probably signs for 130kish with us.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Seriously? He has played 32, 35, 31 and 38 games for us in the league in the past four seasons. Are we really declaring every player that gets injured this season a sicknote without looking at the previous seasons?

He's been effectively injured this entire season, though I appreciate him playing through those injuries. In addition he just had major surgery that'll sideline him for about half a year from competitive play... Suspect he's the type who would play through these things in the past, but he'll be 28, and it becomes much harder to pull that off as players age.

Happy to agree to disagree, though, if you don't find that sufficient to warrant the "injury concern" label!

40 minutes ago, TRC said:

Really struggle to see a landing spot for him where he will get 160k+ aside from Saudi. I think he probably signs for 130kish with us.

£130k? Is that what Bruno is on? Struggle to see him getting the same wage as our top earner 

13 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

He's been effectively injured this entire season, though I appreciate him playing through those injuries. In addition he just had major surgery that'll sideline him for about half a year from competitive play... Suspect he's the type who would play through these things in the past, but he'll be 28, and it becomes much harder to pull that off as players age.

Happy to agree to disagree, though, if you don't find that sufficient to warrant the "injury concern" label!

"Doesn't seem to have physical robustness to be able to stay on the pitch for a meaningful stretch of games" is just pure weird when he had been fit for basically the full four seasons before this. He'll be 38 at some point too but right now he's 27 which isn't old no matter how you look at it.

Happy to disagree with such knee-jerky statements.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Seriously? He has played 32, 35, 31 and 38 games for us in the league in the past four seasons. Are we really declaring every player that gets injured this season a sicknote without looking at the previous seasons?

I do feel like he is always playing through niggles and is strapped up in various places. But his form hasn’t really been affected. Apart from maybe earlier this season, although I might be imagining that. 

He certainly is ‘robust’. Gets injured and is back playing, running through brick walls and smashing people a week later :lol: 

I’m not going to write him off after he finally gets a long term injury. 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

£130k? Is that what Bruno is on? Struggle to see him getting the same wage as our top earner 

Bruno was on 120k when he first signed, then his new contract was bumped to 200k I believe.

Yeah, robust is certainly one of the words I would use to describe him.

He was 26 when this season started, think it's a bit early to be concerned about how his body can handle aging right now or even during his new contract that he hopefully signs soon.

Edited by Pata

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

"Doesn't seem to have physical robustness to be able to stay on the pitch for a meaningful stretch of games" is just pure weird when he had been fit for basically the full four seasons before this. He'll be 38 at some point too but right now he's 27 which isn't old no matter how you look at it.

Happy to disagree with such knee-jerky statements.

I think a full season in the bin due to injury, including major surgery, warrants concern regarding durability. And like it or not, late 20s players are less durable than their mid 20s selves.

Not looking to press you on it though - entirely possible its just a blip as you suggest, though I'm skeptical that it is just that.

Bruno is on 120kish, same as Trippier.

Joelinton should get around 110k IMO and if he signs a long contract, I'd have no issue with 60m release clause. That sort of money would give us huge wriggle room financially to replace him.

Leaving on a free at the end of a contract is seen as a slap in the face in the footballing world these days, even though a players is entitled to do just that.

Also worth baring in mind that Eddie Howe resurrected his career and made him the player he is. He'd have been playing in Turkey or somewhere without him.

Would be annoyed with any player who doesn't at least leave gracefully.

4 hours ago, TRon said:

I've always defended Joelinton, he's got a lot of attributes, but he's also pish in front of goal. It might be he's looking to run down his contract and get a big pay day wherever he can. We'll have to weigh that up with getting a decent fee for him and investing that in another player. I don't think he's top level so he won't command top level wages IMO.

All of our midfielders are shite in front of goal tbf. He's probably the best of the bunch and that's arguably his worst attribute. 

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

All of our midfielders are shite in front of goal tbf. He's probably the best of the bunch and that's arguably his worst attribute. 

Not going to disagree with you, but only one of them is earning 130k, and his best attributes are significantly better than Joelinton's.

I won't let any contract dispute cloud me. 

I fucking love Joelinton, he's class and I don't want to lose him. Sign a new deal ya big cunt, so we can relax again.

Mind, if he goes, we will go wild on a replacement.

Joelinton might even find a club who will pay him 130k, can only imagine it will be one of the super clubs, either big six in the PL or the equivalent in Europe. We don't have the infrastucture or earning potential of them under FFP/PSR so the only way we could start matching them for wages across the board would be to sell players....like Joelinton. That would generate funds to buy big in the short term and kick the can down the road for a season or two.

3 hours ago, STM said:

Bruno is on 120kish, same as Trippier.

Joelinton should get around 110k IMO and if he signs a long contract, I'd have no issue with 60m release clause. That sort of money would give us huge wriggle room financially to replace him.

Leaving on a free at the end of a contract is seen as a slap in the face in the footballing world these days, even though a players is entitled to do just that.

Also worth baring in mind that Eddie Howe resurrected his career and made him the player he is. He'd have been playing in Turkey or somewhere without him.

Would be annoyed with any player who doesn't at least leave gracefully.

Bruno’s new deal was significantly more than £120k pw.  It’s more like £180k pw.  Joelinton - if the rumours are true - is looking for a salary in line with that.  The club would be mad to pay him anything like it.

The truth is that we would probably just about get our money back if Joelinton was sold - but that’s more about the insane original fee than the lad’s recent performances.  We paid a centre forward’s transfer fee.  He’s not a player I would want to push out the door, but if we’re paying top whack then I’d want top whack footballers in return.  

Joelinton is such a unique player. The strength, tackling, how he is able to get the ball out under pressure and drive it forward from central midfield combined with his ability to play as a left winger/inside forward. I can't think of anyone like him. If you compare him to other midfield destroyers he has good technique, dribbling & not that bad finishing (not if you compare him with forwards tho).

We won't be able to replace him with someone like him.

Really hope he and the club can agree on a compromise so we aren't "forced" to sell.

Edited by Conjo

7 hours ago, Pata said:

Yes it's not good enough. Ask our new hardcore fans.

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Joelinton is such a unique player. The strength, tackling, how he is able to get the ball out under pressure and drive it forward from central midfield combined with his ability to play as a left winger/inside forward. I can't think of anyone like him. If you compare him to other midfield destroyers he has good technique, dribbling & not that bad finishing (not if you compare him with forwards tho).

We won't be able to replace him with someone like him.

Really hope he and the club can agree on a compromise so we aren't "forced" to sell.

I don’t think he ever looks all that great in midfield.  I really like him on the left wing, but he’s not effective enough to consider him a top player.

His transformation under Howe has been incredible. However, think he has probably hit his ceiling. Really want him to stay but for the right price, he is the most likely to go given his contract. 

Abilities aside, his personality and commitment will be very hard to replace. 

4 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

The shithouser’s shithouse :lol: he can never be allowed to leave. Fuck FFP. Keep him here until he’s 45. 

Got to be honest, I’d sell him and replace him with more technical midfielder but the joy from watching smash through people is quite unique. I giggle at it in a very immature way 😝

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

The shithouser’s shithouse :lol: he can never be allowed to leave. Fuck FFP. Keep him here until he’s 45. 

Not all number 7’s need a wand of right foot, seventy five stepovers, knuckleballs and the leap of a salmon. You just need to be able to knock Luke O’Nien into row ZZ.