Joelinton

Stifler

Doesn't matter who's up top the way the team is set up. When the ball is hoofed up to the striker the central midfield is usually right outside our own box. The wingers are a bit further up, but almost hugging the touch line. The striker will have 3 or more opposition players to fend off. We'd need a striker that possesses the strength and hold up play of Shearer combined with the dribling of Messi and pace of Vardy to make it work.

He doesn’t strike a ball with any conviction or proper technique in any match I’ve seen bar Spurs. He’s leaning back in probably every single shot. There’s no determination from his body language that he’s got a hunger to score or smack it on frame either. Shot of confidence.

I like him but we need him scoring or he has to be dropped because 1 goal up front this season is woeful. We'll be lucky to get £5m for him in a year or two if he doesn't change his scoring record and soon.

He was left isolated again. ASM and Almirón play too wide to support him. He needs support from more central positions.

Shelvey just lumping the ball forward for him won’t do much when he has 2 CB’s and a CDM around him. He actually came to collect the ball from deep a few times, especially in the 2nd half. He does have that about him, but still lacks the support he needs afterwards. His shot in the first half summed up how the lack of support does not help him. He held the ball up for ages, managed to get past 3 defenders, and still had no one helping him.

Such an important point you made here. It's why he's so much  more islolated than Rondon was in the same setup.

Under Rafa the width came from the wingbacks, while the Perez and Almiron played more as supporting attacking midfielders, as they were more tucked in.

Someone tell that muppet Bruce please.

I'd love to know the truth behind the transfer, like. Certainly nowt to do with football.

It's difficult to know if there's a player in there because, like ASM and Miggy: that triumvirate is a non-starter, the whole system is non-existent and there's nothing on the training ground to help him refine whatever talent he has. But he's basically looked like Shola so far. He can hold it up and takes some knocking off the ball; there's even some wild skills thrown in there on occasion. But his touch is heavy and he doesn't score much. It's Shola all over.

Take my £40m and not a penny less! :lol:  Whatever. Lying cunts.

One of the local constituents needs to write to Chi Onwurah and have her raise it in parliament. She loves to give Ashley a kicking, right? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Never a centre-forward, no movement, awareness, anticipation or threat inside the box at all. Not much better outside the box either. 40m (aye right) on this donkey? He makes Joselu look like a world beater. A very very dodgy transfer this one, no mistakes about it.

Better than Rondon though hey Mike, just like Bruce is better than Rafa. Fucking hell man :lol:

Never a centre-forward, no movement, awareness, anticipation or threat inside the box at all. Not much better outside the box either. 40m (aye right) on this donkey? He makes Joselu look like a world beater. A very very dodgy transfer this one, no mistakes about it.

Better than Rondon though hey Mike, just like Bruce is better than Rafa. Fucking hell man :lol:

Joselu had scored 2 goals by this time last season. Double that of Joelinton. While I think there is a lot of potential in Joelinton, it was bat shit crazy to buy him and throw him in the deep end at the price we had. Rondon and Joelinton would have made sense, Rondon as the lead and Joelinton to learn from him and ease in to the league, or play off him.

I would agree he's not a centre forward, but he isn't a donkey either. He looks like he's got good feet to me, although without goals it's still not enough. That said, I'd still be starting him ahead of whatever else we've got up front.