Joelinton

Stifler

Not giving up on this guy yet.

Not until we have games where we control the match more and he's not spending most of the time closing down and then having to fight defenders in isolation to hold the ball up.

We've hardly put together any decent play to create chances since he's been here.

It's all such a shambles.

It is a shambles and we have so far failed to control ANY match. We are unlikely to do so either.

So after 16 games with a grand total of 1 goal, how much longer do you give him? He's paid to score goals. He doesn't. He doesn't even look like he's likely to either.

The thing is who scores goals int his setup?

It's no coincidence all the players further up the pitch have done nothing either.

Don't think we're looking at a situation where just putting a better striker upfront solves the problem.

Now we've actually got a decent number of points and have moved away from the bottom, I would like to see Bruce try some other formations to try and sort the possession and attacking issues. Hopefully we see that at some point.

Now we've actually got a decent number of points and have moved away from the bottom, I would like to see Bruce try some other formations to try and sort the possession and attacking issues. Hopefully we see that at some point.

The only formations I've seen from Bruce involve humping 60 yard balls to the head of a big centre forward. For that we need Carroll not Joelinton. I think a good buy for Bruce would be Chris Wood from Burnley, he looks like a Bruce type of player who would relish some rough and tumble.

The fact Carrol is getting game time over him says it all. Should be given a chance to play from the right or left behind Carrol but that would require a formation change as Steve seems to like those forwards to be super wide so we have 2 wing backs lol.

For a big lad, he doesn't half get knocked over easily. Spends a lot of time getting bullied off the ball. Has he had a booking for us? Needs to fucking change. Get some aggression man.

He also hasnt caused much bother from set plays, given what a unit he is it's really not good enough.

It's one thing that he isnt getting a lot of chances from open play but it's another when he isnt even causing problems with his height.

The fact Carrol is getting game time over him says it all. Should be given a chance to play from the right or left behind Carrol but that would require a formation change as Steve seems to like those forwards to be super wide so we have 2 wing backs lol.

ASM’s injury is the ideal chance to play him right, Almiron left and Carroll/Gayle up top. We’re pretty comfortable in the league, just give him 5-6 games there regardless of how he plays. If he starts performing then great, if not, we can write him off as our worst ever transfer.

Why can't he do this for us?  :lol:

Stopped watching once I'd seen the first. That's one of his top 5 goals? Fucking hell.  :lol:

Adding a bit of context to the first one, that it was his debut match, against Dortmund, makes it a bit more special imo.

Haller dropped for West Ham again tonight.

The striker most would have been thrilled with this summer and he's really struggling at West Ham.

I can only imagine how bad he would have looked for us, as although we have been better than West Ham results wise, we certainly play much worse attacking football creating far less opportunities.

Haller is way more suited to the back to goal stuff

If we'd known Bruce would be manager, maybe we would have got someone in more suited to the long ball stuff he likes to play. Joelinton is absolutely useless for the old fashioned British up and at 'em style. Someone like Chris Wood from Burnley would have been much better suited.

Andy Carroll 10 years ago is the only type of striker that can work in this team. You need to be able to both hold it up, run the channels and finish. Theres no support so you need to have it all. Demba Ba too could do it. Joelinton needs others up with him taking defenders attention to create him some space.

I was hoping we'd target Iheanacho preseason, always liked him and could have been had for £20m ish, marked improvement on this donkey

He would look horrendous in this team (like Joelinton) and end up chopping bench as he has for the last year. I am a massive fan and happy he looks to be getting his career back on track, but Kelechi is not a player you can just smash the ball at and hope something will happen. Frankly, I think of him more as a #10 or support player that happens to be a very good finisher, rather than the pure target man/striker that this side needs.

What is this lad supposed to be good at? Barely looks like a footballer. No redeemable features whatsoever.

Hes absolutely fucking garbage 40m man. Anyone who even argues that he will ne decent or has anything a 40m footballer should have is insane