Joelinton

Stifler

I'd love to know the truth behind the transfer, like. Certainly nowt to do with football.

It's difficult to know if there's a player in there because, like ASM and Miggy: that triumvirate is a non-starter, the whole system is non-existent and there's nothing on the training ground to help him refine whatever talent he has. But he's basically looked like Shola so far. He can hold it up and takes some knocking off the ball; there's even some wild skills thrown in there on occasion. But his touch is heavy and he doesn't score much. It's Shola all over.

Take my £40m and not a penny less! :lol:  Whatever. Lying cunts.

I'd love to know the truth behind the transfer, like. Certainly nowt to do with football.

It's difficult to know if there's a player in there because, like ASM and Miggy: that triumvirate is a non-starter, the whole system is non-existent and there's nothing on the training ground to help him refine whatever talent he has. But he's basically looked like Shola so far. He can hold it up and takes some knocking off the ball; there's even some wild skills thrown in there on occasion. But his touch is heavy and he doesn't score much. It's Shola all over.

Take my £40m and not a penny less! :lol:  Whatever. Lying cunts.

Peak Shola would have more goals this season than Joelinton.

He was left isolated again. ASM and Almirón play too wide to support him. He needs support from more central positions.

Shelvey just lumping the ball forward for him won’t do much when he has 2 CB’s and a CDM around him. He actually came to collect the ball from deep a few times, especially in the 2nd half. He does have that about him, but still lacks the support he needs afterwards. His shot in the first half summed up how the lack of support does not help him. He held the ball up for ages, managed to get past 3 defenders, and still had no one helping him.

The alternative’s even worse. Joelinton was actually holding the ball up, Carroll came on and apart from one shot, the ball was bouncing off him, he was falling over...shocking.

That is what I saw as well. We actually looked worse up top when Carroll and Gayle were battling for the knockdowns than when Joelinton was on his own. Bruce must think we can turn the clock back to 2010.

Striker isn't even his natural position. Think all of us can see that.

This has been obvious since day 1.no idea why we are persisting with this farce.

Where should be playing in this team instead though? I like him but I'm not seeing what would make him much better on the right or left or further back.

Striker isn't even his natural position. Think all of us can see that.

This has been obvious since day 1.no idea why we are persisting with this farce.

Where should be playing in this team instead though? I like him but I'm not seeing what would make him much better on the right or left or further back.

I actually  thought of the front three he was the least erratic. I think he is the best option up front, but we need more from the wide forwards if he's going to be effective. In truth, Almiron and Maximin have produced no end product from wide positions.

I really hope he starts Carroll or Gayle in the next few games just to put to rest that they’d do any better.

That’s not really the point. He bloody can’t hit a strike on goal, he can’t create space for himself, every shot is over or blocked. We need him to be better and rise up to the challenge.

But who cares I guess. This club is rotten.

I never doubt his quality. I think it’s pretty obvious. But I am now very concerned about his mentality that he seems already fed up with Bruce and the rest of the team and thus didn’t perform 100%.

Feel sorry for the lad and can't tell how good he is/or not.  He battles away on his own and rarely do any of our players get within 20 yards of him.  That time on the first half when he was trying to bustle his way through and eveyrone just stands and watches.  Compare this to how close Rondon and Perez played and knitted together.  Can't blame the manager though 'cause he's one of us

I haven’t seen enough to comment on him, but I’d be surprised if he’s as bad as he looks atm.

Does good work literally everywhere on the pitch but the box. Shots blocked, or skied over. When he actually does have a go.

It may just be confidence, but his whole body shape looks wrong when he is shooting. Our system, with few chances and him mostly isolated, is not designed to let him develop confidence either.

The main thing though is the folly in not just signing Rondon, someone proven to work.