Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Great to see him in full maverick mode but it only came in short bursts and we play a much more tactical game now under Howe. 

He electrified and disappointed in fairly equal doses but the team is gunna be a little less brighter for his absence. 

Hopefully we get a v nice fee for him and bring in a few surprises before we all start to properly shit the bed.

Just now, gdm said:

I just don’t buy he frustrated you more than satisfied you in the Bruce days. He was the only reason to watch us then. 

The only available lass left to dance with at the end of the night doesn’t make her the one. He was Obi Wan (our only hope)in that shit show, but romancing him now for what he did then isn’t what we need. Our needs will be met I’m sure, our team will be stronger and better I’m sure, because Eddie won’t settle for less.  The football this year will be better than last year, he sets the bar and then moves it up a notch. It’ll be reet :indi:

I don't even think fee is that important. £40m, £50m...we just have to try and keep within FFP even if it's just for show. I think only Mitrovic and Perez have brought in more than £20m each over the last 5 years? We can't keep spending as big as we have and not have to sell someone coming back in. ASM is the only one who'd bring in anything substantial, that's before we get into the debate of what he brings to the team, if Barnes is better, if his body can hack it, etc.

Better this than taking £80m for Botman from City, or £90m from Barcelona for Bruno as examples. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Hope I'm wrong but maxi out and Barnes in is one of the worst decisions of the window. Hope it's the napoli lad, otherwise this is awful. 

You usually are to be fair. 🤪

Edited by UncleBingo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Barnes is class but I’d rather keep them both. We should be allowed a good squad. 

Liverpool have about 7 wide forwards. 

Yeah agreed.

ASM is a cracking option to have,  but probably one of the few players in and around the first team that we can bring in good money for and his absence won't effect the team too much.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Hope I'm wrong but maxi out and Barnes in is one of the worst decisions of the window. Hope it's the napoli lad, otherwise this is awful. 

It's underwhelming for me but it's far from awful.

Preferred him under Bruce.

And too be honest I think the negativity got to him last year.. be it not being fit, being benched, not fitting into the style of play or the fans turning on him.

I guess the boo boys around me will just need to find someone else to criticise...

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Preferred him under Bruce.

And too be honest I think the negativity got to him last year.. be it not being fit, being benched, not fitting into the style of play or the fans turning on him.

I guess the boo boys around me will just need to find someone else to criticise...

Gordon (I’m a fan mind) 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why do you say that? 

We've.got nothing like maxi. Not sure in the point of Gordon if Barnes comes in and rather see Murphy and almiron gone before maxi. Both have had their season in the sun, both wont match their efforts from last season.

Feels like work rate & team work is favoured over talent. Hba days this would have been flags out and meltdowns. 

An absolute giant under Bruce but now is the right time to move on. Clear he doesn’t fit with the Howe system and Barnes, Gordon, Joelinton and Isak gives us a plethora of options on the left. As has been pointed out extensively, due to amortisation this deal likely frees up substantial FFP room which will not only pay for his replacement but will also open up other Summer signings. 

Guest reefatoon
30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

On a bit of a time delay over her in Chicago so bit disappointed waking up to what has probably been the inevitable due to FFP. Knew the other day Barnes has all but bought a house outside of Morpeth so it had already started to sink in he was likely on his way. 

If it been. KK at Napoli for ASM then I’d be on board no hesitation. HB to me just seems like a left side Miggy. He’s not a door opener or someone who can dribble past players. Guessing we are banking on him pinging in a few from long range perhaps.

Anyway trust the process and if it is actually what EH wants then trust in Howe. Just have a funny feeling he’d liked to of had both.

I would be over the moon with a right sided Miggy. We need to have a player to hit double figures from that position, which we now look like getting.

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Barnes is class but I’d rather keep them both. We should be allowed a good squad. 

Liverpool have about 7 wide forwards. 

Thing is, they’ve had 14 years or so of squad building over us and also commercial deals while we were held back by Ashley.

We’re struggling in FFP terms due to that and selling players until we sort our commercial side out I’d the only way to give us FFP wiggle room. 

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Don’t think it’s Barnes alone though (if Barnes) 

Has to be something special to replace him or little point on the field. Guess this is a financial decision more than anything else. Such a shame. The one Bright spark under Bruce.