Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, KDT said:

All these other ‘mercurial’ talents that people go on about us having in recent years, Robert, Ben Arfa, Ginola, Asprilla all had 1 thing that ASM doesn’t and that’s actual output. 

They also played alongside far superior players that actually converted the chances they created. If I’m not mistaken Maxi ranks really high for chances created during his years here?

EDIT: Last season not included since he was unavailable for large parts of it. Fully fit he’d probably have had double digits assists last year with Wilson, Miggy and Isak firing them in. 

Edited by clintdempsey

The only player in the current squad where the atmosphere in the ground tangibly changes when he gets the ball. I get the frustrations and see both sides of the argument, but personally I'll be absolutely gutted to see him go.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

All these other ‘mercurial’ talents that people go on about us having in recent years, Robert, Ben Arfa, Ginola, Asprilla all had 1 thing that ASM doesn’t and that’s actual output. 

Consistent output at that! 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The idea that ASM plays anything like this is pure fiction imo like. 

I don't know how you can say that tbh, fine if you think I'm exaggerating, but to say he doesn't play anything like that...well I don't know what it is you're watching.

3 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Definitely sad, love watching him and we have no one else on the team who offers similar. If this allows us to get someone similar on the right + Barnes I'll be happy, though.

Same here. If it’s just Barnes though…it’ll feel a bit meh. 

Just now, PRL said:

The only player in the current squad where the atmosphere in the ground tangibly changes when he gets the ball. I get the frustrations and see both sides of the argument, but personally I'll be absolutely gutted to see him go.

Me too, but if needs must. For Eddie the romance is in the results. He’s putting together a squad to build on last year. Champions fucking League marra! :indi:

1 minute ago, PRL said:

Apart from Bruno, Isak & Wilson 

Just doesn't feel like he's ever going to fit in Howe's system/squad/team. I'd love for us to be able to entertain such a talent, and I'm scared that Howe may regret being so rigid, but I'm not going to second guess the management right now, and it's apparent ASM isn't a priority for us.

Would be nice if he went somewhere less shit so I can see him merk folk, but I doubt I'll be watching much Saudiball this year.

Just now, Displayname said:

Didnt ASM have one of the highest expected assists per minutes played this season? 

Yep. Should have far more assists last season than he does; Liverpool (H), Man Utd (H) and Chelsea (A) he created chances that should've been taken by the likes of Willock and Almirón. 

Just now, Displayname said:

Didnt ASM have one of the highest expected assists per minutes played this season? 

Everyone knows he a good player. But doesn’t /can’t play the amount of minutes we need him to. The stats per minute are pointless. 

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Ironically all players who are only seen as having actual output in hindsight. At the time they were playing they had the very same 'no end product' criticisms thrown at them that ASM's getting now.

As keeps getting mentioned, last season ASM was in the top 4 centile for assists per 90. That's actual output. He's in the top 4 centile for expected assists, that should be actual output if the players he's put it on a plate for could finish.

Just now, SEMTEX said:

Just doesn't feel like he's ever going to fit in Howe's system/squad/team. I'd love for us to be able to entertain such a talent, and I'm scared that Howe may regret being so rigid, but I'm not going to second guess the management right now, and it's apparent ASM isn't a priority for us.

Would be nice if he went somewhere less shit so I can see him merk folk, but I doubt I'll be watching much Saudiball this year.

I’d say it is Eddie Howe’s discipline and rigidity that has got us to where we are now. More tinkering and our engine purrs more efficiently. I want to see what his vision

of the best us is, with whomever he chooses that to be with.  Man’s a miracle worker. His stats don’t contradict this! 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Everyone knows he a good player. But doesn’t /can’t play the amount of minutes we need him to. The stats per minute are pointless. 

They sure arent pointless when people are saying that he doesnt have any output.

I think the only valid criticism of him is his injury record and that he maybe doesnt fit Howes playstyle 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I’d say it is Eddie Howe’s discipline and rigidity that has got us to where we are now. More tinkering and our engine purrs more efficiently. I want to see what his vision

of the best us is, with whomever he chooses that to be with.  Man’s a miracle worker. His stats don’t contradict this! 

Absolutely, and as I say, I'm not second guessing that right now, but football is dynamic. Systems/teams/managers get found out and need to adjust/evolve. I would like us to have a squad that allows us to do that.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Going to be fun and games when he rejects the Saudi advances again. Hope this happens quick and avoids drama and antics from the ASM camp.

He's looking for a new contract on higher wages from us. Where else apart from Saudi do you think he's likely to get it?

I don't think we'll be offering a significant rise given Howe is after a player who'll fit his plans better, and with only two years left on his contract, we can't really afford to turn our noses up at £40-50m.

Just now, SEMTEX said:

Absolutely, and as I say, I'm not second guessing that right now, but football is dynamic. Systems/teams/managers get found out and need to adjust/evolve. I would like us to have a squad that allows us to do that.

He’s working on it O0