Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest reefatoon
22 minutes ago, jigen said:

I don't know why Newcastle stopped buying young talent abroad and started buying in the inflated English market. Is it because of Howe? Serious mistake to make the market by taking players the manager knows (you can see Chelsea last summer).

What the fuck you on about.

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

:lol: 

Sure, why not eh?

For Saudi media you have offered 95m for Kvaratskhelia. I don't know if this is true... If you can't buy Kvara, simply keep ASM and not buy Barnes. Or you will have a weaker team. 

24 minutes ago, jigen said:

I don't know why Newcastle stopped buying young talent abroad and started buying in the inflated English market. Is it because of Howe? Serious mistake to make the market by taking players the manager knows (you can see Chelsea last summer).

This narrative that Howe only wants to sign British based players is hilarious.

Worry that as soon as we have a bad spell some of our lot (the thick cunt element of our support) will turn on him because he isn’t a big name (yet). 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Ironically were the only entity to be ripped off by a Saudi club. 

Well done all involved.

If it’s a rip off fee, then we shouldn’t worry. Other clubs will be queuing up to pay considerably more - that’s how market value is established 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Another angle to throw in… I know for a fact (from various horses mouths) that Maxi is not a popular figure in the dressing room.

Also the ex-coach under Super Bruce (don‘t remember the bame tbh) recently stated something like „eventhough he did tend to arrive late for training he was the one saving the team with dribbles/goals“. 

That gives a clear indication about his work ethic. I am fully behind Eddie 👍

Edited by Swissmag

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

For Saudi media you have offered 95m for Kvaratskhelia. I don't know if this is true... If you can't buy Kvara, simply keep ASM and not buy Barnes. Or you will have a weaker team. 

ASM isn’t a first choice player.  So the team will be fine. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

If it’s a rip off fee, then we shouldn’t worry. Other clubs will be queuing up to pay considerably more - that’s how market value is established 

Sure, but would be pretty telling where we stand in the Saudi pecking order. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Because nobody wants the has beens! Christ it isn’t rocket science. We would sell them first if anyone wanted them.

I’m sure we could scrape together £25M without selling a vital asset to the team. 

Just want him sold now, and for us to move on. He’ll be forgotten rather quickly, as we have superior players now, who are more effective. People are just stuck in the Ashley/Bruce era.

ASM clearly wanted to leave, the club and manager wanted him sold, and it helps us massively with FFP. Not sure what people need to discuss. It’s best for all parties involved.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

Yep.  They’re buying a player our manager doesn’t fancy, who none of ours rivals would sign, and appears to attracting zero interest from any other PL club for that matter. 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Another angle to throw in… I know for a fact (from various horses mouths) that Maxi is not a popular figure in the dressing room.

I think it's telling that he has rarely (or maybe never?) contributed to those club video shorts where various members of the squad give mini-interviews on favourite moments, goals, players etc. While they are entertaining and occasionally insightful,  they also underline the team ethos.

3 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Of course we are below their own league in the pecking order. It’s a major political goal for their nation. 

3 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I’m sure we could scrape together £25M without selling a vital asset to the team. 

Of course we can. The money isn’t the issue, it’s that’s we’re already at the FFP ceiling and have no wiggle room to spend that money without adjusting the FFP numbers.

Jesus….

Just now, LV said:

Of course we can. The money isn’t the issue, it’s that’s we’re already at the FFP ceiling and have no wiggle room to spend that money without adjusting the FFP numbers.

Jesus….

IMG_1699.thumb.png.274f211d12bb4a70044a7e331a4817c3.png

nobody fucks with the Jesus! 

Honestly, I wish some would spend a few minutes not whining on Internet forums and actually read up on FF fucking P.

And that doesn’t even account for the fact that ASM isn’t a top-rank footballer, and clearly Howe doesn’t fancy him.  And I’m far more inclined to go with the manager’s judgement than some bloke on the internet who enjoys ASM mad skillz vids on YouTube to 200bpm radgetastic new monkey dance gash. 

Just now, LV said:

Jesus….

We can sign 2 £100m players this summer before hitting the FFP limit. 

If we sell him, it's not for FFP, but because we think his value will only drop, which I agree with. 

I would just hope we do a good job with getting a decent price for him. 

Just now, kocunar said:

If we sell him, it's not for FFP, but because we think his value will only drop, which I agree with. 

No we can’t.  We literally cannot.  Fuck me no wonder some on here are going to be foaming in September. 

9 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Just want him sold now, and for us to move on. He’ll be forgotten rather quickly, as we have superior players now, who are more effective. People are just stuck in the Ashley/Bruce era.

ASM clearly wanted to leave, the club and manager wanted him sold, and it helps us massively with FFP. Not sure what people need to discuss. It’s best for all parties involved.

That bit in bold is absolutely not true (certainly isn't for me).

14 minutes ago, jigen said:

We can't afford £35m for Barnes without selling Maxi, so I'll let you figure that out.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

While it's been mentioned about ASM value dropping, I would also sell Miggy for exactly same reason, he is also at his peak.

I honestly believe Eddie doesn’t fancy him as part of what he wants in the squad. Not just on the pitch but off it, and yes now is an opportunity to sell and they will. He’ll say all the right things, but I think he wants him gone. Eddie wants machine like players not mavericks. 

3 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Surely you can understand why our aim isn't to hit the FFP limit though?