Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

If that fee is as low as reported - some saying £25m - then I don’t think it’s unfair to question whether PIF’s project with us is now lower in the pecking order than the Saudi league.

5 hours ago, McDog said:

He is right though.

"Whatever a player goes for is it's actual market value."

That's true, it's the weird criticism of posters who rather like ASM, unjustified criticism imo.

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Dan Burn drives a Smart car

But seriously, some footballers aren’t overly flash.

Maxi seems to love the trappings of wealth, which is fair enough. I’m not criticising him for that. 

That's Paul Dummetts spare car and he only had it for a short time.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure Bellamy used to say Andy O'Brien was the poorest rich man he'd seen or something. :lol:

Apparently used to live with his parents in Harrogate driving around in a used car while he played for us. 

And how did it all work out for Bellamy:

https://www.givemesport.com/craig-bellamy-bankrupt-what-has-happened-to-former-liverpool-man-city-striker/

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

If that fee is as low as reported - some saying £25m - then I don’t think it’s unfair to question whether PIF’s project with us is now lower in the pecking order than the Saudi league.

Or… it’s purposefully slightly low to not bring controversy to our door?

Mind you, it’s not THAT low.

£30m - £35m is his range in my opinion, which will be backed up by his stats, injury record, the fact he’s not an international player etc.

Disappointed, ASM is an electric footballer on his day and was the one bright point in Bruce's shit tenure, but also fully get why we are selling him at this point in time given his injury issues and apparent incompatibility with our playing style, also fairly sure we will be getting a decent fee regardless of what is reported

I’d say 35 is about right. His end product isn’t massive and he’s not an international.

Would I like it to be higher? Absolutely. I can see why it wouldn’t be though.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Or… it’s purposefully slightly low to not bring controversy to our door?

Mind you, it’s not THAT low.

£30m - £35m is his range in my opinion, which will be backed up by his stats, injury record, the fact he’s not an international player etc.

:thup:

It has "undisclosed fee" written all over it.

GetFrenchFootballNews reporting it as €25 + bonus.

Why are we getting such a crap fee when Fabinho went for £40m despite an awful season. 

Piss take this like. What's the point of getting rid of the fee isn't going to make much difference.

22 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I think that’s irrelevant. We might intentionally underpay just to mitigate the incoming wave of criticism of how a PIF club sells to another PIF club for a massive price. 

39 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Maxi seems to love the trappings of wealth, which is fair enough. I’m not criticising him for that. 

This is 100%, unequivocally, garbage. Get the fuck out of here with this kind of bullshit. 

Edited by cubaricho

We’re losing someone whose ceiling is extremely high (but only reaches that level 2-3 times a year) and whose baseline is low, with him circling around that level too regularly, often due to injuries. I’d say overall I’m disappointed as I love watching him play and when he’s on, he’s world class. Do I think he ever would have worked for Howe? Probably only in fits and starts and I think Howe would prefer consistency 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

GetFrenchFootballNews reporting it as €25 + bonus.

Why are we getting such a crap fee when Fabinho went for £40m despite an awful season. 

Piss take this like. What's the point of getting rid of the fee isn't going to make much difference.

Fabinho didn't have a great season, but he missed 3 games all season due to rotations, not injury. He's a full Brazilian international who's won everything and considered one of the best in his position.

If you compare his fee to that Man Utd paid for Casemiro, you could say his fee is ridiculously low too, seeing as he is 1 year younger than when Man Utd bought Casemiro.

I get ASM goals and assists should be higher but he's arguably one of the best players at creating space in the league. I really feel he has tried to adapt to what Howe wants and has made good progress in that regard.

I love Howe and always trust his judgement but he worried he's making an avoidable mistake here.

51 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure Bellamy used to say Andy O'Brien was the poorest rich man he'd seen or something. :lol:

Apparently used to live with his parents in Harrogate driving around in a used car while he played for us. 

Yeah it was a beetle from memory 

42 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Think that's pretty obvious anyway tbh considering how much they're putting into the league and the calibre and number of players they've gone after