Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Not sure selling him can be regarded as potentially making a mistake. Making a mistake would be keeping ASM and not being able to buy any other players this transfer window which is certainly what Howe is implying.

Of course it could be a mistake. Also, could work out well.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Give it's now been reported multiple times we want more than €25 million and the club have stated this is to give us more capacity under FFP, I assume some folk just miss having a whinge at this point.

So why post the bait when you know people are gonna have a whinge? Seems a bit odd.

They know we’re in a tight position. I’m sure we should get at least the £40m, tight bastards. Seems like everything else involved in the transfer has went positively, so hopefully this gets sorted over the next two days for our benefit. 

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

€25m is a joke given the Neves and Fabinho fees. Payment terms mean fuck all unless it’s another €15m in bonuses and add ons.

Still don't see any way we would accept that figure tbh, don't know what the fuck is going on there. Got to be some sort of smokescreen.

4 minutes ago, Eveready said:

Antony scored 8 for Man Utd last season and the general consensus is that he's been absolutely shite.

Antony scored 4 PL goals. Barnes scored 13.

*unsure if Barnes can do that spinny thing mind

Edited by SteV

2 minutes ago, Eveready said:

Antony scored 8 for Man Utd last season and the general consensus is that he's been absolutely shite.

In a Man Utd team that finished 3rd in the league, and with his transfer costing £82m- Yeah, an 8 goal return IS shite. For context, Barnes got 13 league goals last year for a relegated team. 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Neves, 26yr old, 41 games for Portugal = £47m

Fabinho, 29yr old, 29 games for Brazil = £40m

Maxi, 26yr old, 0 games for France = £25m+

Seems fair

Both Fabinho and Neves had run their contracts down, it would have probably cost them a fraction of the fee to buy their own contracts out under Article 17. Nowhere near accurate value, regardless of caps. Suddenly the Saudis decide to get business savvy with ASM who has 3 years on his contract?

Just now, Geordie Boyo said:

So why post the bait when you know people are gonna have a whinge? Seems a bit odd.

They know we’re in a tight position. I’m sure we should get at least the £40m, tight bastards. Seems like everything else involved in the transfer has went positively, so hopefully this gets sorted over the next two days for our benefit. 

Because lines like "if we accept €25 million..." and "we're selling ASM so we can fund Barnes" are being constantly repeated, when neither are true.

I agree €25 million would be a below-par price, but multiple sources have written we want a larger amount. Similarly we might simply want to peddle ASM, but it seems whatever our motivations behind the sale it isn't for the sole reason of buying Barnes.

Maxi gave us hope when all was lost under Bruce. Now I watch him and hope we get the performance, dazzling pace with an end product. For me he’s a “hope he can show us his magic” player. Frustrating! Barnes if he comes will be a piece of the Howe jigsaw that will give us more balance, reliability with end product I have no doubt. The price for Maxi? Does anybody really know? Other than the clubs who I’d think would be tight on this. His agent? I refuse to believe PIF shaft PIF, we’ll get maximum for Maximin. Disclosed probably not, but I don’t believe it’s only £25 millions. 

I don’t get this theory that maxi is worth £40m+ in some peoples eyes, there is a reason why none of the big clubs have came in for him and why he’s never been capped for France, £25-35m is about the right value in the current market for a player with a lot of potential, but very little end product 

Think 40 is high, 25 is ridiculously low, something in between is alright. Don't really care about the fee anyway, as long as the club are happy to take it. 

Of course, if he ever plays a full season in fit and confident mood, he's worth a lot more than that.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

18 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Neves, 26yr old, 41 games for Portugal = £47m

Fabinho, 29yr old, 29 games for Brazil = £40m

Maxi, 26yr old, 0 games for France = £25m+

Seems fair

Jamal Lewis has 30 caps.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The PL won’t end up second man, people aren’t getting up at 3am to watch Al Hilal take on Atletico Jeddah. It’s a bloated vanity project and no amount of signings are going to change that. 

‘People’ don’t watch the PL to see Bournemouth vs Brighton either. 

The big clubs will be fine. But some top players at middling clubs like Wolves might take the money.  

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I don’t get this theory that maxi is worth £40m+ in some peoples eyes, there is a reason why none of the big clubs have came in for him and why he’s never been capped for France, £25-35m is about the right value in the current market for a player with a lot of potential, but very little end product 

do you not think for £25m they're gonna nick him from nufc?

5 minutes ago, kocunar said:

I am beginning to think that ASM is the single most disrespected player in world football.

I'm starting to think that his cryptic posts about 'the haters' during this off season were directed at a section of our fanbase who desperate to get him out of the club.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Why?

Because he is absolutely world class at what he does. It may not suit us and our style of play, which is fine, but people here and in the football media acting like he brings no objective value is ludicrous to me.

19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Antony has played 19 times for Brazil and cost £95m plus £5.

Definitely shit for that money. Makes Harvey Barnes look a steal. 

Next

Simple point is that I wouldn't want Antony in our team.

Adding goals but downgrading link up play doesn't guarantee an upgrade.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

Because he is absolutely world class at what he does. It may not suit us and our style of play, which is fine, but people here and in the football media acting like he brings no objective value is ludicrous to me.

Being able to play/turn it on for one or two games a season is not the definition of ‘world class’ man. 

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

He brings value but world class? Hes an attacking player who barely scores and has average assists numbers. People in here are talkng about 80m worth. Adama Traore is also one of the best in the world when it comes to certain numbers. Is he world class?

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Being able to play/turn it on for one or two games a season is not the definition of ‘world class’ man. 

If your only definition of contribution is goals/assists then yes, your comment makes sense.

Reminds me of all Croatian fans shitting on Modrić for 10+ years because he doesn't score enough.