Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If you want to make an argument around a fairly archaic (on it's own) stat point then fair enough, his goal and assist tally per game is not great. When I said his end product was good I was talking about his final ball relative to his time on the pitch. 

Well thats end product. Agree on the other things you say. He was let down by others a few times when his final ball was good. But as an attacking player you get judged on the numbers.

This thread needs more killer cats discussion as the arguments about his ability/fitness/workrate/attitude/assists/wouldbeassistsifotherscouldfinish have been done to death.

Honourable mention to the posters trying to claim he's world class. I'm all for mental takes such as that.

I sense it’s gone quiet since the fee has gone up and around £35m from some more credible sources.

There will never be an agreement on him, but I think it’s time to accept it, and move on.

2 minutes ago, sempuki said:

How many can we afford after Barnes? Livramento, Tierney and Chiesa (loan with obligation) theoretically possible?

If the FFP calculations people are going off on here are even remotely close, then all we need to do is sell Lewis for 5m and we can afford Mbappe due to amortisation.

8 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Well thats end product. Agree on the other things you say. He was let down by others a few times when his final ball was good. But as an attacking player you get judged on the numbers.

I think statistical analysis of footballers is a bit more advanced than "he doesn't score".

Either way, he's gone, £40 mil is good and frees us up FFP wise even if in short term it's a stinging blow to lose him and keep players like Dummett.

1 minute ago, GEFAFWISP said:

I think statistical analysis of footballers is a bit more advanced than "he doesn't score".

Either way, he's gone, £40 mil is good and frees us up FFP wise even if in short term it's a stinging blow to lose him and keep players like Dummett.

Because Dummett is worth a multipack of space raiders.

12 minutes ago, sempuki said:

How many can we afford after Barnes? Livramento, Tierney and Chiesa (loan with obligation) theoretically possible?

Happy if selling this sicknote allows us to scoop Livramento, Tierney and Chiesa. Bunch of fit lads all of them. :iamatwat:

6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Genuinely spent a while trying to highlight your ForumName to see if you had 'Shite' in white text in front of it

I'm happy to help highlighting the double standards of N-O. Would also be really happy with Livramento and Chiesa if they are fit now.