The 2020-21 Betting Thread

Yorkie

4 times since last Thursday I’ve had a red card go against me :lol:

Leverkusen last Thursday, Granada on Sunday, hoffenhiem last night and Bournemouth tonight.

Has anyone had as unlucky run as that?

Needing a 2nd half PSG goal. They go down to 10 men. That’s fuckin unreal.

Did a few accas yesterday, one at about 2£ on Chelsea -2, Dortmund -2, Juventus -2 and Soton -1. Have the option to cash out at around 70£ or wait and hope we lose by 2 goals to Soton on friday to win 270£.

Kinda tempted to cash out as we always manage to nick a result whenever I need us to lose badly. What would you guys do?

With cash out always use the odds to your favour. Commit to the bet until the odds are in your favour. Would you bet £200 to win £70? Unlikely

Unless you need the £70 of course

With cash out always use the odds to your favour. Commit to the bet until the odds are in your favour. Would you bet £200 to win £70? Unlikely

:lol: This is such a backwards take on betting. It shouldn't be about possible returns but probabilities. You would skip a 7/20 bet that in reality should be 1/6 or something just because of the returns?

:lol: This is such a backwards take on betting. It shouldn't be about possible returns but probabilities. You would skip a 7/20 bet that in reality should be 1/6 or something just because of the returns?

Your missing the point. He’s already put the bet on. I’m saying commit to the bet until the cashout is in your favour.

My point was about cash outs and the value in it and not my ‘take on betting’

I’d assumed my point was fairly obvious apologies if not

Your missing the point. He’s already put the bet on. I’m saying commit to the bet until the cashout is in your favour.

I'm not missing any points. You basically said it would be stupid to bet £200 to win £70 which is frankly just stupid.

I'm not missing any points. You basically said it would be stupid to bet £200 to win £70 which is frankly just stupid.

£70 is just his example and a higher number than i’d usually say it on but my point I’m making about cash out is for example you have a 4 fold all winning narrowly with 5 mins to go it’s worth £140 and the cash out is £120. I’m saying I’d cash out but cause I wouldnt risk £120 to win the other £20 and in his case I don’t believe the £70 to be high enough to cash out when £270 is on the table

Looking at it I’ve explained it very poorly to begin with

I think I get your point, still think in this scenario I would cash out, but I am a big bottler when it comes to cash out.

Only once a cash out has stung me significantly even then I had  decent win elsewhere on the day that countered it.

I think I get your point, still think in this scenario I would cash out, but I am a big bottler when it comes to cash out.

Only once a cash out has stung me significantly even then I had  decent win elsewhere on the day that countered it.

Glad someone does :lol:

He’s talking like the risk of losing £200 isn’t there and the £70 is a given and in his scenario the return is £270 and nothing is lost but I’m talking specifically about cashing out and yes the £70 is guaranteed but there is the chance of losing out on an extra £200 which I don’t believe £70 is high enough but that’s my opinion. End of the day if I had lost a bit and I needed the £70 I’d cash out but if it was for the enjoyment of the bet I’d leave it.

Fuck me this thread is proper hard work at times :lol:

Glad someone does :lol:

He’s talking like the risk of losing £200 isn’t there and the £70 is a given and in his scenario the return is £270 and nothing is lost but I’m talking specifically about cashing out and yes the £70 is guaranteed but there is the chance of losing out on an extra £200 which I don’t believe £70 is high enough but that’s my opinion. End of the day if I had lost a bit and I needed the £70 I’d cash out but if it was for the enjoyment of the bet I’d leave it.

Fuck me this thread is proper hard work at times :lol:

Me? Where did I say that?

I haven't said anything about the cash out, just your example of betting £200 to win £70 which doesn't make any sense in the cash out scenario or in any other way. Right now he has bet £2 and "won" £70 with it. Odds are never in your favour when you cash out as bookies always make money then but it can still be wise to use to negate the risk on a possibly significant win.

It’s all about how you’d feel in my opinion. If he takes the £70 and it comes in and he lost the chance to win £270 and he’s happy enough with that then fair enough take the £70

In my scenario with the £140 cash bet that’s at £120, I know I’d be gutted if I held out for more and ended up with nothing but would have been delighted with the £120.

The bookies invented the cash out coz it would benefit them coz they know some people will be wanting to get anything back if a bet looks down. That’s why I’m saying use it wisely take the £120 because it’d be silly to risk losing ur all for an extra £20 and this instance in my opinion the £70 isn’t high enough when the potential is £270.

But again in my humble opinion I do believe it would be daft to bet £200 to win £70 you may think that’s stupid but I’m not in the habit of risking £200 on 1 bet. I get all that about odds and probabilities but every bet is a risk

Morning , another PL weekend

Starting Friday,

Brighton will find Burnley tough , not a match for me , I’d go under 2.5 goals 4/5

Southampton with Ings would be odds on but are 11/10 without him, again tough to call so no bet for me , I’d go 11/4 draw as value.

Fancy Cardiff tonight 5/4 home to Bristol.  2-0 12/1