Newcastle Players = Sub Standard

Guest Douga

Roeder is doing a tidy job under very difficult circumstances. And as the brummie thing says, we get people on here slagging the players as being mainly shit then in the next thread they're claiming our players are far superior to Villa's, and we're knocking on the door of the CL with a couple of additions.

Odd, to say the least.

Aye, I know where you're coming from. It's terribly annoying, isn't it? Should we all just speak with ONE VOICE, saying exactly the same things as you then?

:roll:

Here's a novel idea for an internet forum....

You say whatever you like.

I'll say whatever I like.

How does that grab you?

Can I say what I like or will I be called "idiot" "child" "soft boy" etc.. ?

Jon -

You can say whatever you like to me and I won't complain. You will only get the "idiot" and "child" references in return to you first abusing me.

Get it?

Oh right yeah, I get it.  :lol:

Roeder is doing a tidy job under very difficult circumstances. And as the brummie thing says, we get people on here slagging the players as being mainly shit then in the next thread they're claiming our players are far superior to Villa's, and we're knocking on the door of the CL with a couple of additions.

Odd, to say the least.

Aye, I know where you're coming from. It's terribly annoying, isn't it? Should we all just speak with ONE VOICE, saying exactly the same things as you then?

How does that grab you?

Can I say what I like or will I be called "idiot" "child" "soft boy" etc.. ?

Jon -

You can say whatever you like to me and I won't complain. You will only get the "idiot" and "child" references in return to you first abusing me.

Get it?

Oh right yeah, I get it.  :lol:

Goodo

How does that grab you?

HTL, no offence was meant by the way - but I don't understand, if you do truly find what is posted on this forum as irritating as you're always saying you do, why don't you find somewhere more refined, where posters don't irritate you quite so much?

Could I suggest this forum CLICK HERE as just one such haven for people like yourself who have reached a certain level of seniority in their years? It may be much more up your street?

Odd, to say the least.

It was me who spoke of the superiority of squads from Newcastle to Villa... i've said that before and i'll probably say it again, aswell as many other teams in the Premiership. And being brutally honest, there are very few players in our squad who i will slag off on a consistent basis*, because in my eyes those few are poor on a consistent basis.

I have, however, regularly slagged off the manager for particular things. Because, like those certain players, in my eyes - he regularly does daft things.

*Carr, Babayaro and Bramble being the ones that spring to mind. And that's about it really.

I just wish the posters on that forum posted like that here. In all seriousness both intelligent, experienced posters with a lot to offer who only ever seem to argue on here about the same things all the time. Its a waste and a shame.

Villa's CL class players:

Petrov

end of.

Baros, Barry, Angel, Sorenson, Mellberg are all good enough for the CL.

Barry & Mellberg, the others are soft.

If that's the case, Taylor, Solano (their best player the season before last), Milner (their best player last season) N'Zogbia & Butt could all join the list below.

Given

Duff

Emre

Martins

Owen

Parker

Baros is shite and Angel has never shown he is consistantly good, Agree with the others thought.

Baros is woefully inconsistent, and I think Angel has been quality this season.

Sibierski's goal record suggests he has been quality this season but I wouldnt say he is CL material.

Petrov

end of.

Baros and Angel are definately not. Barry is a good player and so is Mellberg and Sorenson is a very good keeper but i think it depends on what you class as a CL player, i would say good enough to play for one of the Quarter finalists atleast.

Thing is if this team (Fill in the blanks with decent quality) went out against any CL opponent at SJP i'd be confident we'd do ok:

--------------Given

????----Taylor----????----????

Solano---Parker---Emre---Duff

---------Owen----Martins-----

Subs:

Harper

Ramage

Milner

Butt

Zogbia

Dyer

????

So basically fill in the gaps, and were a Champions league team (with some good management and luck) but its obvious were we need to spend out money, at the back, do that and there is no team below the big 4 that would touch us.

Just got to keep em all fit  :roll:

Petrov

end of.

Baros and Angel are definately not. Barry is a good player and so is Mellberg and Sorenson is a very good keeper but i think it depends on what you class as a CL player, i would say good enough to play for one of the Quarter finalists atleast.

Agreed, in a way. It's just hard to define what a "CL player" is. Lille-quality, or Real Madrid-quality?

Petrov

end of.

Agreed, in a way. It's just hard to define what a "CL player" is. Lille-quality, or Real Madrid-quality?

Young davis would be in with a shot, maybe I'm being biased becasue I'm from Northern Ireland, but what I've seen of him at villa and N.i against teams such as Spain, I believe he could preform at a decent standard in and against champions league opposition.

Petrov

end of.

If that's the case, Taylor, Solano (their best player the season before last), Milner (their best player last season) N'Zogbia & Butt could all join the list below.

Given

Duff

Emre

Martins

Owen

Parker

Butt? A few half decent games and he's quality again? Oh and if you are going to include young promise like Taylor and Zog, then in that case I'll add Ridgewell, Davis, Agbonlahor and Gary Cahill. If you're including injured players, I'll also add Laursen.

And Emre and Parker are rated nowhere outside the north east (except briefly in the mind of McLaren, and that says it all, really).

i honesty don't think your squad is anywhere near as good as some of you think it is, I really don't. I've already mentioned the defence, and up front you're about as lightweight as it is possible to be.

re Baros and Angel as mentioned above, you're right on Angel, he's had more chances than any player down here and has never delivered consistently. Baros i think can do it, he just needs a change of club, it isnt working out for him here.

And Emre and Parker are rated nowhere outside the north east (except briefly in the mind of McLaren, and that says it all, really).

You speak for everyone outside the N-E then do you?

I know plenty of people who rate them. And I'm neither from the N-E nor have I ever lived there.

You speak for everyone outside the N-E then do you?

I know plenty of people who rate them. And I'm neither from the N-E nor have I ever lived there.

Yes, of course I meant it absolutely literally, all, what, 53 million of them.

Petrov

end of.

Given

Duff

Emre

Martins

Owen

Parker

Butt? A few half decent games and he's quality again? Oh and if you are going to include young promise like Taylor and Zog, then in that case I'll add Ridgewell, Davis, Agbonlahor and Gary Cahill. If you're including injured players, I'll also add Laursen.

i honesty don't think your squad is anywhere near as good as some of you think it is, I really don't. I've already mentioned the defence, and up front you're about as lightweight as it is possible to be.

re Baros and Angel as mentioned above, you're right on Angel, he's had more chances than any player down here and has never delivered consistently. Baros i think can do it, he just needs a change of club, it isnt working out for him here.

Half decent in the last 8-10 games he's won about 5-6 MOM's, but nevermind, just decent form eh?

Ridgewell is no better than Ramage, in fact he's shite, dont pass him off as one for the future  :roll: Was it him giving away all the pens 4 in 4 games or something?

Cahill again same boat, might as well put up Hunty in there if your adding him.  :lol:

Laursen is a joke, a one played on Villa, i might as well chuck in Bramble FFS!  bluelaugh.gif