Newcastle Players = Sub Standard

Guest Douga

In defence of Mr. Brummie, i've always found it strange that fans don't mind slagging their own players off to high heaven, but when a fan of another club does it they get all defensive. :lol:

I've always rated Emre and always will, many fans have slagged him off and decided he has had a poor game before he has even kicked a ball, up until recently when everybody's all of a sudden up his arse. Emre is a quality player and Brummer boy hereis trying to tell me that it's only toon fans that rate him when that is a complete load of shite.

In defence of Mr. Brummie, i've always found it strange that fans don't mind slagging their own players off to high heaven, but when a fan of another club does it they get all defensive. :lol:

I've always rated Emre and always will, many fans have slagged him off and decided he has had a poor game before he has even kicked a ball, up until recently when everybody's all of a sudden up his arse. Emre is a quality player and Brummer boy hereis trying to tell me that it's only toon fans that rate him when that is a complete load of shite.

It was more of a general comment.

In fairness, you'll find that on all club boards.

To be honest, I didn't actually slag him off, I didn't say he was shit, I suggested he wasn't *that* good.

It was more of a general comment.

ok fair enough mate

To be honest, I didn't actually slag him off, I didn't say he was shit, I suggested he wasn't *that* good.

See above. ;)

Would you like to show us where someone suggested he was *that* good?

And Emre and Parker are rated nowhere outside the north east (except briefly in the mind of McLaren, and that says it all, really).

You speak for everyone outside the N-E then do you?

I know plenty of people who rate them. And I'm neither from the N-E nor have I ever lived there.

Yes, of course I meant it absolutely literally, all, what, 53 million of them.

Where did I say you did?

I don't get what you meant. Who are these people who don't rate them?

Errm, the bit where you suggested that I speak for everyone outside the NE, maybe?

The point i was making was that in my experience, Emre and Parker are not seen as particularly special players.

Turks rated Emre "their greatest ever player" when we signed him, that accolade has perhaps now been passed on to Tuncay but still you get my point, actually judging by some of yours posts you probably don't, ney mind eh.

What has that got to do with my point that he's not actually that highly rated outside Toon fans? Turkey's greatest ever player? On the evidence of what he has been like in the premiership, he's not looked that good to me.

Well the Turkish fans rate him, in fact a whole Country does, so your dumb point means fuk all, quite literally fuk all Mr Carrot.

Mr Carrot? I do apologise, Mr errrrm, Nail.

Sorry, i mistook you for a comedian with some of this shit you've posted up in this thread, i couldn't help read it in a comical Brummie voice.

Slip of the mind, wont happen again sire.

You also made the tragic error of mistaking Jasper Carrott for a comedian, which throws into question your judgement on the whole.

We should carry this debate on for a few months or so. We could be the new NE5 and Mick ;-)

Winning punch tbh.

:lol: :thup:

brummie is a good lad who will talk about his club in a slighty biased view (as we all would) but doesnt go OTT (Spurs fans) its all good debate tbh and im sure he realises any Newcastle bias is just that.

brummie is a good lad who will talk about his club in a slighty biased view (as we all would) but doesnt go OTT (Spurs fans) its all good debate tbh and im sure he realises any Newcastle bias is just that.

:thup:

Cheers, mate. We're all partisan at the end of the day, innit.

:thup:

Cheers, mate. We're all partisan at the end of the day, innit.

You know dat breadbin  :thup:

Agreed. Got absolutely nothing against the guy, like having him around as I do all fans of other clubs (as long as they don't act the twat as some have/do). Disagree with him on his views on Emre but it's just healthy discussion at the end of the day.

Agreed. Got absolutely nothing against the guy, like having him around as I do all fans of other clubs (as long as they don't act the twat as some have/do). Disagree with him on his views on Emre but it's just healthy discussion at the end of the day.

I actually dont hold Emre in particularly high regard, but i'll defend him against an outsider mind! ;)  bluebiggrin.gif

Agreed. Got absolutely nothing against the guy, like having him around as I do all fans of other clubs (as long as they don't act the T*** as some have/do). Disagree with him on his views on Emre but it's just healthy discussion at the end of the day.

:thup: :thup:

Amen to that. I'm off to booze now. Good luck at the weekend, though you won't need it as much as we will against a pissed off Ferguson on the rebound from last week.

Agreed. Got absolutely nothing against the guy, like having him around as I do all fans of other clubs (as long as they don't act the T*** as some have/do). Disagree with him on his views on Emre but it's just healthy discussion at the end of the day.

I actually dont hold Emre in particularly high regard, but i'll defend him against an outsider mind! ;) bluebiggrin.gif

Ha ha. And to be honest, that Ridgewell really is a carthorse :-)

I actually dont hold Emre in particularly high regard, but i'll defend him against an outsider mind! ;) bluebiggrin.gif

Ha ha. And to be honest, that Ridgewell really is a carthorse :-)

:lol:

Happy drinking.

re: Parker, I think he's a very good player. Always suprised at the stick he gets on here but then you all see him more than me.

I dare say he is our 2nd or 3rd best individual player but he simply doesn't fit into our tactics and so he gets stick unfortunately.

I like Parker but we need to find the correct balance, Emre is an attacking version of Parker and Parker is a defensive version of Emre so together they kind of cancel each other out. We need an attacker and a DM and they could both do either job but it seems they are told to do a bit of both which confuses them and doesnt work!

re: Parker, I think he's a very good player. Always suprised at the stick he gets on here but then you all see him more than me.

I dare say he is our 2nd or 3rd best individual player but he simply doesn't fit into our tactics and so he gets stick unfortunately.

I agree with this in principle. I think he is a good player who, in the right setup, could do a very, very good job for someone. Fact of the matter is, we're a worse team when he plays. Despite this, I'm still surprised at some of the vitriol he receives - he always works his socks off.

I agree with this in principle. I think he is a good player who, in the right setup, could do a very, very good job for someone. Fact of the matter is, we're a worse team when he plays. Despite this, I'm still surprised at some of the vitriol he receives - he always works his socks off.

i agree mate

Its a fuking shame about Parker, but unfortunately the defense needs Nicky Butt to protect them.

Another good reason to spend all our money on the defense, we might not need a dedicated DMC like we do now.

Parker isn't the best passer, and his twirls are laughable, but a good player all the same, just not working for him and us right now.

how about this idea....... playing Emre on the left doing the job that zog was so good at last season, which was running into space and cutting inside often to create space and pick out players in and around the box. Then play Butt DM and Parker in a more attacking position allowing him to run about and win the ball aswell getting forward like he did for Charlton?

When Roeder stands there with his arms folded, looking worried it does not give the players or fans a lot of confidence.    At least look as though you have a plan and are confident.    I appreciate the injuries, it is an observation.

Given is class and does not need motivation, he does his best  all the time.

Would you like to show us where someone suggested he was *that* good?

I suggest that he is *that* good.

He's a quality player, probably has the most individual quality in our team. He always give 100%, and always tries to do what's best for the team.