Newcastle United 2-1 AFC Bournemouth - 09/11/19 - post match from p8

Disco

Good game to watch this actually.

Aye, I enjoyed it as a spectacle. We play some good stuff at times tbh, especially out wide; if the front three could finish even a third of the time we'd be comfortably in the top ten by the end of the season.

Guest reefatoon

Those three knackers up top need to start at least hitting the target or it’s going to become real costly. Can’t just count on defenders getting the goals. The three of them are absolutely hopeless in front of goal. They all had chances today too.

Entertaining game that. The commitment and effort from our lot was second to none. None more so than Yedlin, Almiron, Willems & Fede, although picking individuals out seems harsh as we were collectively brilliant.

Love this set of players. Great result, that.

Well done to all involved (Bruce included - soz).

Those three knackers up top need to start at least hitting the target or it’s going to become real costly. Can’t just count on defenders getting the goals. The three of them are absolutely hopeless in front of goal. They all had chances today too.

I think Maximin will bang a few in as the season goes on, thought he was actually a bit unfortunate with the one that hit the bar - if you watch it back the ball takes a slight bounce just as he makes contact with it. Still should have scored like, but a bit unlucky nonetheless. Joelinton will probably get five or six by the end of the season. Almiron is absolutely cursed, don't think he'll ever score.

Almiron will get one at some point  :lol: Cause he isnt likely to be taken off any time soon cause of his effort  coming back and there isnt really anyone  with the club that is gonna do more from that position outside of ASM but they are both needed to shuttle the ball forward.

When he scores the weight of the world will be lifted off him.

We are winning games not because of Steve Bruce but despite Steve Bruce.

That is patently not right, I think they were a real threat today and defended well, you can't say that's nowt to do with the manager

I don’t really understand the concept of playing wingers in front of wing backs.

I think we have good enough players to be scoring more goals but the tactics need realigning

I think the traditional logic behind the 3-4-3 sort of formation is it's meant to overload 4 at the back sides that have 2 midfield defensive mids, as they either get dragged out wide to help with the overload of winger and full back against their fullback or get bypassed then you have 2 against 1 essentially.

I don’t really understand the concept of playing wingers in front of wing backs.

I think we have good enough players to be scoring more goals but the tactics need realigning

We played 5-3-2 first two games and it just didn't work. Norwich battered us. 5-2-3 is the system Rafa introduced and it means we can overload teams on the flanks. Think the system is spot on personally. It's whether Bruce leaves it alone enough to implement it properly all season.

Guest neesy111

Think the last 2 games have suited us, very open games which suits our pace.

Think it will be an open game vs Villa too which should help

True.