Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest neesy111
21 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Is that because they can spread it more than a vacated person then?

They were allowed to play professional football while the country was under lockdowns. They should count themselves lucky they were able to play.

Edited by neesy111

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There is evidence to suggest the vaccine reduces the spread of COVID.

I'm not sure that's totally accurate.

There's some evidence to suggest minimalising hospitalisation.

But not reduce the spread, especially in the latest variant.

A friend who works at our local hospital, mentioned there were more triple jabbed people with the virus, and in hospital than without.

Now, I'm not saying that's the case for everywhere else, I think the selfish comments, the anti vax, stuff is over the top.

Let people make their own choices, if they do become really ill, it's a risk they chose to take, I'm not taking sides, I'm jabbed, but I believe people have a right to choose without being victimised.

37 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Is that because they can spread it more than a vacated person then?

Well yes...

A vaccinated person is less likely to contract it than an unvaccinated person so by definition will spread it less.

Edited by gjohnson
detail

35 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Let people make their own choices, if they do become really ill, it's a risk they chose to take, I'm not taking sides, I'm jabbed, but I believe people have a right to choose without being victimised.

I dunno about anyone else, but I believe people having the right to not be the victims of a potentially life threatening virus caught from or spread by those who aren't vaccinated, is the victimisation that should be prioritised.  

Edited by kisearch

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Why is this becoming a fact. There is plenty evidence it reduces transmission.

Why is this so difficult for even the simplest to understand?

If your're vaccinated, you're less likely to contract the disease (FACT), if you're less likely to contract it(FACT), you're less likely to pass it on (FACT).

Benitez puts glasses away

Just goes to show how much more of an influence anecdotal stories like that about 20 people has in a lot of people's minds than just presenting them with the stats that overwhelmingly tell you an opposing story on a much larger scale.

Edited by kisearch

No the Victoria Derbyshire thing, I only posted for those who claim vaccination stops you getting and spreading covid.

It doesn't, it simply prevents hospitalisation 👍🏻

She's saying nearly all of them were triple jabbed, and all tested positive.  Meaning they still contarcted the virus, and could easily pass it on. 

It's not hard to gather.

Hypothetically speaking, like you lot do with your drink driving theories, 

Let's pretend everyone is vaccinated, the whole globe, and it still spreads, we still get hospitalised. Who's fault is it then, if nobody can point the finger at the unvaccinated. 

Edited by mighty__mag

You either align yourself with science and scientists like Jonathan Van Tam and expert epidemiologists like Chris Whitty, or you take the side or Right Said Fred and people off TOWIE

The notion that they are part of a global conspiracy is beyond stupid and the denial of science is indicative of the state of the planet. The fact that the number of flat-earthers is increasing just bends my head.  

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Why is this so difficult for even the simplest to understand?

If your're vaccinated, you're less likely to contract the disease (FACT), if you're less likely to contract it(FACT), you're less likely to pass it on (FACT).

Benitez puts glasses away

i imagine you can still carry it without contracting it, or how is it working? 

26 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

i imagine you can still carry it without contracting it, or how is it working? 

From the Lancet, however this may have been disproved by some guy in his garage on YouTube 

To address the primary study outcome to establish the secondary attack rates (SARs) in household contacts, the vaccination statuses for 232 contacts exposed to 162 epidemiologically linked delta-variant-infected index cases were analysed. The SARs in household contacts exposed to the delta variant was 25% in vaccinated and 38% in unvaccinated contacts. These results underpin the key message that vaccinated contacts are better protected than the unvaccinated