Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• 2 weeks later...
Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1958074/club-statement-manchester-city-fixture-postponement

Everton querying today's decision

If this new strain is as infectious as they claim then they surely cant take the chance on groups moving in and out of the area

City reckon that their outbreak originates from travelling to and staying in London after it moved to Tier 4 last week

Spurs v Fulham looking unlikely for tomorrow. We're already approaching the winter break and FA Cup, maybe it's best to postpone it all for a couple of weeks.

Winter break? Premier League ditched it already for this year

telegraph reporting they may try a 2 week break to try and get the case numbers down in the PL, dunno how the fuck the FA Cup can go ahead if its getting this bad with the Prem when the further down the pyramid you go the less able to control it you'll be

Clubs need to punish them otherwise sends out a bad message to the public.

I'm fed up with this. I don't want to hear any grovelling apologies from this lot. They need to be made an example of, and given a lengthy ban by the FA.

With all the previous cases, they'll have been fully aware of their responsibilities.

Guest neesy111

Clubs need to punish them otherwise sends out a bad message to the public.

I'm fed up with this. I don't want to hear any grovelling apologies from this lot. They need to be made an example of, and given a lengthy ban by the FA.

With all the previous cases, they'll have been fully aware of their responsibilities.

Agreed.  We are 9-10 months into this pandemic.  Zero excuses.

Guest Howaythetoon

690.jpg

Lamela, Lo Celso, Reguillon and Lanzini

The madness of Covid in one photo, you can’t go to each other’s houses but you can play football together, us normal people can’t see our family, but footballers get away with gatherings like this. Covid as rampant in footy as society yet one gets shut down the other opens. ££££