Favorite NUFC Goal?

Mike

Hard to pick a favourite, with some classics already mentioned.

Some left field choices of memorable goals for me:

Milner and Edgar v Man United

Shearer away at Man United in 5-3

Ba v Reading

Ben Arfa v Everton

Perez v Ipswich

Cisse v Southampton

Shola in the Nou Camp

Robert free kicks v Southampton, Liverpool (home and away), Olympiacos, Derby away in 3-2

Solano away at Leeds 3-4

Robert Arsenal away 1-3

Schar v Burnley

Lee at Wembley

Shearer away at Blackburn in FA cup x 2

Shearer away at Blackburn to seal champions league qualification x 2

Some comedy goals too

Diame v Brighton

Lejeune x 2 v Dinosaur

Chopra v smb

Grealish v Brighton

Huntington v Spurs

Ba v Reading

Ben Arfa v Everton

Perez v Ipswich

Cisse v Southampton

Shola in the Nou Camp

Robert free kicks v Southampton, Liverpool (home and away), Olympiacos, Derby away in 3-2

Solano away at Leeds 3-4

Robert Arsenal away 1-3

Schar v Burnley

Lee at Wembley

Some comedy goals too

Diame v Brighton

Lejeune x 2 v Dinosaur

Chopra v smb

Grealish v Brighton

Huntington v Spurs

Robert scored a beauty away to Everton too in the game when Bernard was chopped down by Gravesen. In fact I only remember him scoring 2 tap-ins, home to West Ham on the last game of the season and away to Arsenal in 2003/04.

Ba v Reading

Ben Arfa v Everton

Perez v Ipswich

Cisse v Southampton

Shola in the Nou Camp

Solano away at Leeds 3-4

Robert Arsenal away 1-3

Schar v Burnley

Lee at Wembley

Some comedy goals too

Diame v Brighton

Lejeune x 2 v Dinosaur

Chopra v smb

Grealish v Brighton

Huntington v Spurs

Robert scored a beauty away to Everton too in the game when Bernard was chopped down by Gravesen. In fact I only remember him scoring 2 tap-ins, home to West Ham on the last game of the season and away to Arsenal in 2003/04.

I’m still adamant that the Gravesen tackle was when it all “changed” at NUFC. We were bossing the game at the time, they immediately scored and won, we were shite for the rest of the season, then Partizan came to town...

Too many to mention. But I like Shearer’s goal v Spurs in the 7-1 game. Flick over a defender, half volley in the top corner. And his goal v Villa, Schmeichel in goal. Robert 3-1 v Arsenal. Solano 4-3 v Leeds.

I’m still adamant that the Gravesen tackle was when it all “changed” at NUFC. We were bossing the game at the time, they immediately scored and won, we were shite for the rest of the season, then Partizan came to town...

Yep - it was 1-1 too - they went up and got a pen seconds later. If we'd won that we were right in a shout for the League - I'm sure it was Man Utd at home the following weekend when we got humped 6-2?!

Ben Arfa vs Blackburn for me, happened right in front of me and i couldn't believe it, remember most people who saw it in SJP came back and were writing here about it to those who didn't and it was only that same night when the highlights were on that everyone got to see it.

The one I always jump to without a great deal of thought is Shearer's 30 yard piledriver against Chelsea in 03/04. Absolutely loved that goal. Best one I've seen live in terms of quality was Ben Arfa against Blackburn. The most I've ever lost it (whilst at the ground) was Martins and Lovenkrands against Boro in 08/09. In terms of the Rafa years, it's tough, but maybe Perez's winner against Everton.

Dyer away to Everton in  1999/2000.

Dyer away to Soton in the Cup.

Shola v Sunderland in the 5-1.

Ben Arfa v Villa at home.

Gary Speed v Bradford at home.

Rob Lee away to Coventry in the game where Given threw it out Dublin.

Dietmar Hamann at home Juventus.

Bellamy v Villa 01/02

Jenas v West Ham 02/03

Jenas v Man Utd 02/03

Bernard v Rangers 04/05 pre-season

Was Hamann really good? I was young and didn't see many games around that time but I have it in my head that he was a great player for that one season.

He was superb the season he was here! Scored a pearler at home to Arsenal too! I had forgot about the Juve goal in the friendly - absolute screamer!

Genuinely don’t think I have favourite as such as there’s been so many and the context and crowd reaction after I can’t  always remember. Goals with the crowd going mental after adds so much to any of them regardless of how it’s gone in.

Was Hamann really good? I was young and didn't see many games around that time but I have it in my head that he was a great player for that one season.

Yeah, was more attacking with us than he ended up being at Liverpool too.

Carl Cort's finish at home to Everton in the 6-2 was underrated.

Yeah it was truly delicious, boy was outstanding at the end of the 00/01 season. Sad at how his career turned out.

He was superb the season he was here! Scored a pearler at home to Arsenal too! I had forgot about the Juve goal in the friendly - absolute screamer!

Toepunt edge of the box after selling a dummy to one of their defenders.